Salmon corn snake trait combo request

I would like to request the salmon trait combo is added to MM the two genes in salmon is red factor tessera i can provide photos but there is plenty on MM

1 Like

Hey @lokibp

Please fill the below form out to the best of your ability. Answers do not need to be lengthy. If appropriate you may forward this request to someone who is more able to supply the answers.

Facts

Species:
Name of Gene:
First produced by whom:
Year First Produced:
Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc):
In complex with other genes?:
Other names/aliases for it?:
Description:

Appearance; What it does/looks like?

• Head:
  • Body:
  • Belly:
  • Tail:

Proven Lines:
Related Genes:

Proven: To what degree it is proven out to not just be polygenic?
Unique: Why do you believe this is a new morph and not an existing one?

Problems: Any problems?
History: The history behind its discovery?
Disagreement or Controversy:
References here on the community:

• At least one link to community discussion (ie forums) to demonstrate community acceptance
  • Link to WOBP if one exists.
  • Links to the wider web.
    Please attach at least 3 photos you have rights to which you are granting to be used on MorphMarket .
1 Like

Facts:

Species : corn snake
Name of Gene: salmon
First produced by whom: unknown
Year First Produced: unknown
Genetics Type trait combo (red factor, tessera Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc):
In complex with other genes?: unknown
Other names/aliases for it?: none known
Description: pink reduced pattern

Appearance; What it does/looks like?

• Head:pink wig stripes and red eyes
  • Body: pink striped
  • Belly:pinkish color you can usually see their organs in the right light
  • Tail:pink striped

Proven Lines:: none known
Related Genes::none known

Proven: To what degree it is proven out to not just be polygenic? It is a trait combo that has been breed many times
Unique: Why do you believe this is a new morph and not an existing one? It is and existing morph just not yet on MorphMarket but their is animalsisyrd with it

Problems: Any problems?: none known
History: The history behind its discovery? Not known
Disagreement or Controversy:: none
References here on the community:: not known

• At least one link to community discussion (ie forums) to demonstrate community acceptance

The trait combo is referenced in this forum I don’t know if this counts

• Link to WOBP if one exists.
  • Links to the wider web. Can’t find one that isn’t and add of and animal for sale

Although I agree that salmon is usually considered to be two copies of the red factor gene (and then coral would be a single copy of red factor), I don’t think it’s universally accepted in the corn snake community, since that’s sort of a more recent understanding. I think it’s much more clear to list snakes with super red factor (two copies of the gene) or just red factor (single copy of the gene).

1 Like

As to my understanding salmon is mostly breed as a snow salmon but the salmon trait combo itself is red factor tessera but that’s to my understanding

No, tessera isn’t involved necessarily. Usually salmon is the term used for super red factor snows, and usually people will just use the term red factor if it’s not a snow (sometimes the terms salmon and coral get used for aneries and ghosts with red factor as well). Salmon does not mean red factor tessera. There is no trait just called ‘salmon’; it’s always used in conjuction with another morph, like salmon snow. Does that make sense? I know it’s confusing, which is why I’m a fan of just labeling things as red factor or super red factor so everyone can know exactly which genes they’re dealing with.

1 Like