Sand Boas to top level category [DONE] [1556]

There are so many sand boas for sale all the time, I feel like they should be moved up!

1 Like

Honestly, there are usually only like 100 or so at a time usually which really isn’t enough to be a top category. There are many things that have higher amounts that should be moved up first. Gargoyle geckos, African fat tailed geckos, and even leachies have more than sand boas.

2 Likes

but now there is a category for every specie right? but not in the home page but in the searching categories

1 Like

There are over 200 sands listed. How many more do u need?

Now there are, but at the time this post was made there were only around 100. Gargoyle geckos have 450 now, so they still need their own category before sand boas do. It goes in order of what is most popular. There are also over 300 Burmese pythons and California kingsnakes.

1 Like

I was just browsing the other boa adds today and realized Sand Boas have over 350 listings.
Would you consider promoting them to a top level category? They seem to be picking up ground in the hobby and I think it could be a benefit to have their own category.
Any thoughts?

4 Likes

It would be really nice to have a sand boa category that would allow sorting by morph. I mean, rainbow boas are their own category, and there are consistently few rainbow boa ads than sand boa ads.

3 Likes

I believe there was already a post for this. That said, there are over 500 listings for gargoyle geckos, so those would take precedence over sand boas. I believe there maybe some other species that have more/around the same amount as sand boas as well. Cali king snakes and Burmese pythons being up there in numbers.

2 Likes

@john would it be possible to have the subcategories have the option for sorting by morph like the species with their own category.

1 Like

@erie-herps, this only really works in categories (like short tail boas or boa constrictors) where the morphs are pretty common across subcats. I think it would be too confusing here. Promotion will be the way to go.

1 Like