Share your best eaters

Definitely my best eaters. I’ll say though not surprising given the species.

8 Likes

My man Cornwallis started as fussy eater but after several feedings with has been a avid/enthusiastic eater every since. Than again haven’t had a rat snake that wasn’t lol. He will get done eating and still look at me like that’s it… give me more.

5 Likes

From the looks of him I think he might need a diet lol.

2 Likes

Thats a nice rat snake!

2 Likes

Mildred ate a coturnix egg last night! I think she split her lip from the effort (I saw blood in her mouth as she was closing it around the egg). But she still got it down and ate it properly, then looked me in the eye as she horked down a finch egg.

5 Likes

I think you are misremembering, I do not use carpet for any of my animals

3 Likes

Am I allowed to post my husband in this thread? :joy:

6 Likes

None of my snakes have missed a meal in a long time. With my kingsnake Ammon having never missed a meal in his life, and he is at least 13 years old now. My rosy boa is, well, a rosy boa. No such thing as a rosy that doesn’t wanna eat everything. My BP Bellatrix didn’t wanna eat steadily for a while as a hatchling, but once I got her eating she has never refused. And then my three Eastern rat snakes have never missed a meal. I even fed Calypso while she was in shed the other day and she didn’t hesitate. Deimos would probably eat while in shed too, and I know Polaris does too.

These two are definitely gonna be solid feeders for a long time given that they wanna eat everything. Rat snake appetites are always wonderful though. It is great that they aren’t a species that wants to eat each other, as getting cute photos together wouldn’t be an option.

5 Likes

She was one od my non feeders for the longest time, but once she started, she has yet to miss a meal and her growth has exploded :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yea he went on one no worries

2 Likes

His face when I got the tongs in hand. I promise you, never in the history of everdom has this little one ever turned down any food.

7 Likes

This boy never ever down food, not that id feed him twice but he probably would eat it. He is always hungry like my cat :joy:

5 Likes

Lol, I got a girl that will happily eat a second or even a third rat if I was to offer them to her. Willow is a beast :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

3 Likes

I swear sometimes they act lile we starve em or something :joy: like better not be laye with dinner.

4 Likes

My two best eaters are Ms Leaky and Willow. They even ate under the extreme drop in barometric pressure due to the hurricane. I thought that they wouldn’t but my goodness did they lol :joy:.

9 Likes

Rosalie didnt skip a beat! Lol

4 Likes

Thought I would boost this thread as I like it :wink:

Elmo (my scaleless Texas) and Spotify (one of my American toads) are my best feeders.

I would say Spotify is my best over all though. I had Elmo out and he was moving next to my toads bin so of course Spotify came over and tried to eat my almost 3.5 foot rat snake through the bin. She also did that with my 630 gram blue tongue skink. She isn’t the brightest that is for sure

5 Likes

Does he count?

6 Likes

What species is it. Looks very interesting. I think I will have to look into getting a female in the future :rofl::sweat_smile:

4 Likes