Shipping Warning

So glad he made it!

1 Like

Glad he made it and is okay. I agree, that would be far too much worry if it was me

1 Like

I’m just glad the lil boa survived, and it is a sobering reminder of what can go wrong. The longest I’ve had a live animal stuck in transit was a milk snake that got stuck in a UPS shipping hub for four days and it was fine, but it could have gone the other way. I haven’t had a problem since 2005 or so, but I’ve been very cautious for the last 18 months, both sending and receiving.

I experienced this first hand! Was supposed to get my boa yesterday, and i ended up getting her today. And they hardly updated me or the breeder of what was going on! I was so worried that she was sitting in a hub somewhere scared and stressed out while FedEx pushed off their poor work ethic onto Covid. FedEx is a total joke. I was convinced that i was going to receive a dead snake, which money set aside, would have devastated me because a life was lost. As a reptile keeper, this situation forced me to also think about the risk im taking with live shipping. Maybe i just need time to heal from this experience, but i think im going to stick to getting my reptiles at expos.

1 Like

Did either of you try to contact your shipper? They have direct contacts at FedEx and can usually tell you what’s going on and potentially save your animal if it’s a dire situation. I use reptiles2you because Debbie picks up the phone or calls you back every single time. The people at ship your reptiles are pretty much the same way.

1 Like

Sounds like an isolated incident. Probably wouldn’t happen two times in a row. Plus shipping a day after a holiday when everybody and their mother is shipping too.

Shipping around holidays is always a bad plan when shipping anything, as delays always happen. No surprise it caused delays for shipping a live animal too.

4 Likes

My breeder and I did. But FedEx couldn’t tell us anything. Theyre just a really lack-luster company in my opinion. UPS is more trustworthy.

UPS doesn’t ship snakes to my knowledge. They only allow some reptiles to ship.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/animals.page#contentBlock-11

3 Likes

No they don’t ship snakes at all (non-venomous or venomous)

2 Likes

Try Reptiles2You next time. Debbie is amazing, and has the bulldog attitude you want in your corner when things go wrong. She has no problem rattling FedEx’s cage when she needs to.

I think that there are some older accounts who are grandfathered in that are allowed to ship snakes with them, TSK comes to mind here.

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes