Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

I absolutely love her!

4 Likes

I hope to have a huge collection one day. Iā€™m not sure daily handling will happen with every single Crestie, Iā€™d need to work through them over a few daysā€¦ Or not breed as many but will see, theyā€™d still get regular handling of course :blush:

Cherry is pretty and lovely name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I will be naming a red soft scale Lilly White (if I ever breed one) Cherry :grin: is it sad that I have names planned for Geckoā€™s I havenā€™t produced yet! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s not sad at all itā€™s called a goal :heart:

2 Likes

I should add that I havenā€™t even bred my Cresties yet lol so it could be more of a super long goal :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with a life pursuit :joy:
I mean, I only have one boa that I wouldnā€™t breed but I want to breed high-end quality boas. Minimum 5 years away.

2 Likes

Care to share a pic of your boa?

Do you have a name picked out for your goal boa?

I like to plan ahead, I canā€™t function without a plan :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I am still able to handle them all daily so far, just takes a while! Emilyā€™s gets involved and gets the bottom females out herself :sweat_smile:
Usually moves on to the fat tails then :woman_facepalming:t2:

I Will say, handle the males before the females or youā€™re going to have horny boys wanting your hand! :joy:

Not sad at all! I still have some names saved, one of them is saved for when I get a dark female :laughing:

1 Like

At the moment I hold them in no specific order, but now Iā€™ve got egg laying females I will be changing it to males then females lol

1 Like

See even before females, Haise would always ā€˜leakā€™ on me whenever I got him out. And I mean every damn time! I hated getting the horny git out :joy: Heā€™s a good boy now and has calmed down but my gosh!

Though when I was getting you those pics, Harold the lavender tried to grab me and was calling! I hadnā€™t even touched a female then either! He wanted my hand the filthy boy!

Oh the joy of male Cresties and their hormones! :joy:

2 Likes

Wow, is that usual for cresties? If you donā€™t mind my asking. Just wondering for if I do start to breed these guys. :slightly_smiling_face:

I havenā€™t had this issue thus far, but breeding hasnā€™t commenced for my Cresties yet. I have read that it is quite common though

Well my boa is Kai

And as I plan to produce my goal boa, I donā€™t have a name yet, but I am thinking of name for next one; it will be a girl. But I have no idea :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Very cute. Canā€™t wait to see your new Python, when you get her :grin:

I caught a misfire from cinnamon this morning

6 Likes

Oh 100%. If you get out your adults females then go in to get a male they can smell her and will try mate with your hand :joy:

Omg how did I never realise he has a moustache and a goatee!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Infact I had been in the female viv yesterday and Greg who was chillin was like ā€˜instantly stares at me, female?!ā€™ ā€˜lickā€™ :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve held this girl so much, but she doesnā€™t fire up till late at night and Iā€™ve just noticed she might actually be a Tricolour! She isnā€™t fully fired here and she was sold as a tricolour but I never really noticed it.

On another note, she is finally eating CGD but only if I donā€™t offer her bugs :unamused:

3 Likes

You two have convinced me I need a crested gecko or three. When I get some Iā€™ll post pictures and it will be all your faults! :joy: Seriously, you guys are awesome and your photos are awesome and your enthusiasm and the information you bring about crested geckos is stellar!

3 Likes

Glad to be of assistance :face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy: canā€™t wait for pics :grin: what pets do you currently have?

Cresties arenā€™t for everyone but I love them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: they are great fun to have and watch.

I will start breeding my Cresties next month :crossed_fingers: Iā€™m so excited :blush:

Iā€™ve had a few pains but a few tweaks and a bit of perseverance has made a difference.

For instance, this guy is a little scatty in his enclosure (great to hold though), if I go into his enclosure and his not ready he runs to the top left of his enclosure, hurting his nose on the roofā€¦ So I customised a part of the roof so itā€™s soft and he can hide his head (which is what he wanted). Took some time to do but he appreciates it.

2 Likes

Donā€™t be blaming us! :open_mouth:
Theyā€™re too cute thatā€™s why you need one :wink:

Unfired little dude! And a chunk. This is the big head guy yā€™all pointed out! With the pink tint! :blush:

5 Likes