Silkie treatment and care tips please

Please keep the discussion civil and about the topic. And don’t attack each other, we are all adults here. Exceptions: @logar :upside_down_face:…but still act like it.

8 Likes

She LOVED the horn worms but damn pet smart 4 for 10$ that’s wildpricing.

5 Likes

I’m not one lol.
But seriously @trauma808 , I am so happy to see that she is in a better place than before and I just realized that I forgot to thank you for taking her in! And I know right!?! Hornworms are so over priced but the reptiles love them so what can you do… anyway her eating is actually a really good sign! It gives me a little more hope that she will pull through. It truly is amazing what they can endure

7 Likes

Just in case! Because yeah… hornworms are frustrating.
Hornworms are a really common pest in some gardens but as tempting as they are, they’re toxic because of what they eat outside. Make sure to only feed ones bred for feeders.

I’d consider looking for reptile specialty shops nearby as they’re still gonna be cheaper than PetSmart, but in a pinch what could you do. =(

7 Likes

And @trauma808 Definitely keep everyone updated after her vet visit! What a tough little cookie and so I will eat crow with egg on my face but I’m shocked that she is eating! But mostly I am very thankful! :heart::pray:

5 Likes

Maybe it will help if you think of them as medicine instead of food. Lol

Kudos to you for taking in this baby in need, @trauma808 . I hope it’s able to make a complete recovery.

7 Likes

I’m going to do my best to rehabilitate her we have an exciting vet appointment. I started with everything the initial resply person told me today and she’s already acting more lively and looks some what better after a nice warm soak and cage clean

10 Likes

That’s just absolutely crazy that she is already turning around a bit! I truly believe though that another couple of weeks or so and we would not be having this much hope. This sad story is turning into a joyous one and that’s something we all can agree on!

And btw welcome to the community @trauma808! You’ve certainly made a big splash already! There are plenty of people here who will continue to support you in the very best way! What is this sweet little girl’s name anyway? She definitely deserves one! :heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

I am so happy that she is already doing better!

6 Likes

I know lol :joy:. But you know what I mean @logar.

look back at the staff note :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Oh gosh the poor little creature!! I do hope your attention and care will be able to bring this baby back from the edge and get them feeling healthy again.

6 Likes

@trauma808 Any update you can share regarding the bearded patient? :pray:

5 Likes

Technically silkies don’t have beards :nerd_face:
@trauma808 is she still hanging in there? Any new pics could also help!

6 Likes

same in science rn as I am responding to this lol we be chillin, probably shouldn’t be saying this on a sch o o l comp u t e r

5 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say this, so feel free to take it down, but I know that Josh’s Frogs and All About Feeders have better prices, especially on hornworms and bulk feeders. Plus you are way more likely to get healthy feeders than from the chain stores.
Obviously idk where you live so I’m not even sure if they could ship to you, but I’ve alwauys been pleased when I order treat bugs for my critters

6 Likes

I agree with @cmills about the quality of the feeders from Josh’s Frog’s. I ordered some banded crickets a couple of months ago and they lived forever and I think they even multiplied! I’ve never had crickets that long, ever! :100:

6 Likes

Any updates @trauma808 ?

3 Likes

I hate to see this I hope this guy gets better

3 Likes

Any update on the poor little fella?

3 Likes