Smallest hatchling You’ve ever hatched!

Well against the odds my 23 gram hatchling is still doing well. He finally shed but thankfully ate two pinkies on his own before shed. I was just wandering what’s the smallest hatchling you’ve hatched that survived! This would definitely be a record for me!

4 Likes

Smallest for me were twins in the low 30 grams range.

4 Likes

Haven’t hatched anything super tiny but I’ve seen as small as 19 grams. I’m unsure if it survived because it was only showcased once on a other breeders youtube channel. I’m assuming it did because the breeder said it ate just fine

2 Likes

Wow that is incredibly small.
Do you have any ideas what led to the small size?
Did she come from small parents, did something happen during incubation, was it just random?

The fact that you have kept it going is a sign your doing something right :+1:

3 Likes

Was the only egg from a clutch of slugs and was very small. I didn’t think it would incubate… well he proved me wrong lol

3 Likes

I have a friend that hatched out a 17g baby. I would have to follow up with him to see how it is doing though

5 Likes

Not a hatchling I produced, but one I got to see from the breeder I work for. She’s absolutely tiny!

8 Likes

Well little update my lil boi is taking off! Eating regularly and starting to finally put on some weight.

7 Likes

Just hatched my first clutch on the 10th-12th, and the smallest out of the four was 60g.

4 Likes

I haven’t hatched any as I don’t own any haha but I saw Chris Hardwick hatch out a very very small spider pastel loss yellow belly pied. I forget it’s weight but it came out of an egg that I think was a twin egg. One of them died and never developed though! Interesting how small they can get.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Breeder loan or breeding on my own

Twins both weighing 39g.

5 Likes