Snake help? 😂

Taking on this ‘corn’ atleast, that’s what we were told ‘she’ is but I don’t think she is… Said female but will check later.
Previous owner lost it, just found it after 3 years! Her cat gave birth and long and behold the corn came out.
So a friend went and collected today, but just messaged us as her other half doesn’t want it there, so we are taking on ‘for now’.
Wondering what Snake and morph? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t believe that is a corn snake

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t think so, I’m wondering rat snake? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This looks really close. Keep in mind they can be quite variable.

Here
And Here is a better one

They are a kind of king snake :grin:

Also she does not appear to be a morph but locality. I hope this helps :rofl:!

Oh god what are we taking on :joy:

2 Likes

Love him/her!

1 Like

She is a beautiful baby! I believe that she is a Nuevo Leon Kingsnake.

3 Likes

@lumpy is correct, this isn’t a corn snake, but a variable kingsnake, Lampropeltis mexicana thayeri. Nuevo Leon kingsnake is another common name. For a care sheet go here: Nuevo Leon Kingsnake Care Sheet - Reptiles Magazine

3 Likes

Thank you for linking a care guide! They are pretty simple when it comes to care, and they can be great pets.

1 Like

Thankyou!! :grin:

Apparently she’s very strikey we’ve been told. But being lost for 3 years I can see why!
:joy:

Is the Nuevo Leon the same as the Theyeri Kingsnake?

Yes it’s another common name

Yup, Nuevo Leon king snake! Very pretty, one of my favourite kinds of king snake.

I read this as the cat giving birth to the snake, but I’m quite positive that can’t be what you meant. :joy:

Edit: whoops, just realised how old this was, sorry.

3 Likes

Hey, I’m glad you did pull it up! If only my cat would give birth to a pretty snake. :laughing:

So, @ghoulishcresties, do you still have this beauty?

2 Likes