Struggling with Identifying

So, I have adopted a new Boa. But his markings are a little unusual. Has anyone seen markings like his or can identify at all what type of Boa he may be? We have a couple of ideas but nothing we can confirm 100% so i thought I’d reach out here.

2 Likes

A bcc I think possibly hypo he’s cute though

1 Like

By the muddiness of the red on the tail, I would it is a BI. Also when he sheds can you update the pictures? It is hard to see traits like hypo and things like that if they are in blue.

2 Likes

He is cute and super super docile. He actually really enjoys being handled and often wants out of his enclosure. I am building him a bigger enclosure now so maybe he will enjoy it more :rofl: but thank you

1 Like

These pictures make it hard to tell what he is, try getting full body shots.

3 Likes

He actually shed a few days prior to taking these pictures. He is always dark like this, that’s one reason why I’m struggling. He has been at our rescue for about a month. I cleaned his enclosure 3 weeks ago. Last week when I took these pictures, he had fresh shed in it.

1 Like

1 Like

Then, I would say he looks normal. But as @ashleyraeanne points out, full body shots would be a huge help when IDing subtle morphs.

1 Like

I uploaded one. I did the sections because I thought it would be easier to see close ups lol. Sorry, there is a full pic now.

1 Like

To me he looks like an acceptable amount of variation for an adult normal.

2 Likes

Okay, we were going back and forth between normal due to the weirdness of his saddle pattern (weird to me, I’ve not seen saddles like his before)

1 Like

Thank you for your help :relaxed:

1 Like

He looks to be a cross between a BCI x BCC to me. You will never know what he is unless you can talk to the person who produced him. But he looks like is going to make a good pet.

3 Likes

How can you tell, is it because of the face shape or something with the pattern?

1 Like

From the over all color, tail color and the saddle pattern.

2 Likes

Here is an old picture of o e of my boas that was a Colombian BCI x BCC Guyana. Hope the picture link works.

3 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately he was surrendered to us and people who surrender always say they don’t know much about the reptiles or that they are surrendering for someone else so they don’t know details. He is a very calm snake, he likes exploring, he really enjoys being handled. I just wanted to know out of curiosity, he is going to be a great boy regardless. Thank you though, he does really look like the picture you posted with your BCI x BCC. The saddle pattern, the color, even how the head is a little bit lighter in color, his is as well. Thank you for the information :blush:

2 Likes