TANGO gene finally explained READY TO BE ADDED [DONE]

Gene Request Form

Facts

Species: BALL PYTHON
Name of Gene: TANGO
First produced by whom: CHRIS @ THOMAS REPTILES
Year: 2014
Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): INCDOM AT THE MIN DUE TO FEMALES NOT BEING UP TO SIZE TO HOPEFULLY PRODUCE A SUPER
In complex with other genes?: YB/GRAVEL/ASPHALT
**Other names/aliases for it?:**N/A
Description: PATTERN AND COLOUR CHANGER AND ENCHANCES OTHER COMBOS ATTRIBUTES , BRIGHT ORANGE HEW ON ANIMALS

Appearance: VERY ENCHANCED FLAMES AND BLUSHING AND A DARK ORANGE OVER TONE , GREAT EXAMPLES OF THE GENE SEEM TO CREATE LARGE RINGERS NEAR THE TAIL , HAVE PRODUCED 3 WITH THE SAME MARKINGS LIKE THIS USING DIFFERENT PARENTS
Proven: I HAVE PRODUCED MULTIPLE SINGLE GENES AND MULTIPLE OF DOUBLE GENE ANIMALS USING DIFFERENT ANIMALS , FROM THE BABIES OF THE ORIGINAL PARENTS AND OUT CROSS THEM TO MULTIPLE FEMALES AND STILL CREATED THE SAME RESULTS
Unique: ALL COMBOS STAND ALONE AND HAVE NOW PRODUCED A HATCHLING FROM THE TANGO GENE TO THE YB COMPLEX TO PROVE IT IS DIFFERENT GENE , RESULTING IN A COMBO THAT DOESNT HAVE THE GREY HEAD AND YELLOW MARKINGS OF A IVORY , ACTUALLY PRODUCES A ICE WHITE BABY WITH JET BLACK EYES ( ICE WAY )
Related Genes:
Problems: N/A
Other History: THE ORIGINAL PARENTS WERE AN AFRICAN IMPORT TO LEOPARD , I KEPT SOME BABIES BACK AS THE STOOD OUT TO ME , TOOK ME SOME YEARS BEFORE I GOT THE MALE UP TO SIZE , IN THE TIME I SOLD BOTH THE ORIGINAL PARENTS SADLY , A SEASON LATER I PRODUCED THE (MR TANGO) WHICH I BELIEVED TO BE CHAMPAGNE TANGO LEOPARD , BUT LATER BREEDING HAS RESULTED IN PROVING IT WAS JUST A DOUBLE GENE CHAMPAGNE TANGO WHICH WAS A NICE RESULT ISOLATIMG THE GENE EVEN MORE, FROM THIS POINT I HAVE INTRODUCED THE GENE INTO MANY MORE CODOMS, TODATE THERE ARE 8 PEOPLE IN THE UK THAT HAVE BOUGHT THE GENE FROM ME , 2 IN EUROPE AND 1 IN THE USA

COMBOS PRODUCED BY MYSELF TO DATE ARE

TANGO
PASTEL TANGO
LEOPARD TANGO
CHAMAPGNE TANGO
CHAMPAGNE LEOPARD TANGO
BANANA CHAMPAGNE TANGO
LEOPARD TANGO HET CLOWN
TANGO YELLOW BELLY ( ICE WAY)
PASTEL CHAMPAGNE TANGO
PASTEL LEOPARD TANGO
FIRE CHAMPAGNE TANGO

Disagreement or Controversy: I HAVE WAITED TO PRODUCE A OFFSPRING FROM A IVORY FEMALES TO MAKE SURE IT WAS A STAND ALONE GENE BEFORE I FILLED IN THIS FORM EVEN WHEN I HAVE PRODUCED MULTIPLE GENES COMBOS THAT LOOK NOTHING LIKE THE SAME GENES WITH OTHER GENES THAT PEOPLE MAY THINK THIS WAS SIMILAR TOO IN THEM
References here on the community:
https://youtu.be/Ca6vHQ-F5Mk BILLY FROM MUTATION CREATION SHOWING A COMBO
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDOLw8PsUrk/?utm_medium=copy_link
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRRxJ0_MDyN/?utm_medium=copy_link

13 Likes

SINGLE GENE TANGO

11 Likes

This is definitely interesting! How many single genes have you produced? Do you have more pictures of just single gene examples?

5 Likes

I am loving what this does in combos :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Great work Chris,
Do you think the tango will prove allelic with the YB or have you proven otherwise? is the ICEWAY a male so you can prove this out sooner. I have to say I think that you have handled this project perfectly and the time is right to put this info out. I have always had an interest in this Gene ever since I saw MR TANGO himself at the Doncaster show some years back and I did bombard you with questions back then but I just felt that the project was in its infancy and I wanted to know more about it before I made the leap. This article has given me the insight I needed so thank you for that. You’ll be seeing me. :wink:

4 Likes

What was the breeding that produced the Iceway?

2 Likes

@t_h_wyman this is what OP said

1 Like

here is some more examples of the singles I have produced

5 Likes

ice way was produced this season from tango x ivory

1 Like

hi this was the pairing ice way was produced this season from tango x ivory

1 Like

I know what the OP said, but it was not specific. A hatchling from Tango to “YB complex” could be something as simple as Tango x YB or something complex like a Champ Fire Tango x BlkPastel Butter OD Pastel YB. And if it were something like the latter, then the more solid white phenotype of the Iceway could be explained as it being a combo. As an example, I had an Ivory Butter OD Pastel that hatched out, and remained, solid white.

It is important to seek clarity in this case because if Iceway were a combo, that may influence whether the validity of the gene is accepted versus it being seen as just another bloodline of YB

5 Likes

I did reply to your question was a tango male , to a ivory female ( female has produced 4 clutches for me and all babies have only ever carried yb over ) this clutch was a 2 egg clutch with 6 slugs , one egg produced the ice way and the other baby was a yb

2 Likes

This sentence confuses me. Is the Female simply a Ivory or a Ivory + something else?

If it’s just a ivory then there is only YB to carry over.

I may be misunderstanding

2 Likes

Yeah was explaining no other genes have been produced so she carries no other genes

3 Likes

That makes sense… I just read it the wrong way :+1:

3 Likes

What’s the one on the left here?
I’m guessing this is one of the champagne combos.

There seems to be a lot of ringers, has anyone done any Tango Pied pairings?

1 Like

This is a champagne tango , his gone on to create doubles of himself I’ve hit 4 of these now , tango seems to enhance a lot of what the genetics do naturally , champagne have ringers sometimes yet with tango you get the orange and extreme ringers , even have ringers on the straight tangos , I have hets growing but still not able to go for visuals yet

2 Likes

Yes, I saw your reply.

I was explaining the reason I had asked it to the other member above

2 Likes

I have to say, I really like what Tango does with champagne.
I’d like to see what it can do with the bel complex family.

4 Likes

Got that combo hatching any day now , leopard tango x bel

4 Likes