This Friday egg cutting

The problem I have is it isn’t like a dog that can be fixed. So I don’t want to sell an animal with obvious genetic defects to someone who may end up breeding it. Ball python breeding gets a bad enough rep from the breeding of the spider gene. The last thing we should be doing is selling snakes with major visual defects.

1 Like

Unfortunately I agree with this, even if you sell it as “pet only” there are plenty of people who will still use it as an opportunity to get cheap breeding stock. I’d try to find a home for it in a school classroom, education center or with someone you know so you can be sure it will stay a pet.

3 Likes

I definitely emphasize importance of making sure you trust them, and know that they are good people.

2 Likes

Agree!
When we rehomed some royals back along there wasn’t a chance I was giving up Hideyoshi as I don’t know what caused his tiny eye! And someone asked me for him for breeding when looking at others here, I said he was staying anyway but still. You can see he has a defect so even I wouldn’t try breeding him! He’s a pet/family. No ladies for his pirate self :sweat_smile: