Thoughts on these two ‘dinker’ females?

Hello MM!

Recently picked up four ball pythons from a friend who unfortunately has to let go of a majority of their collection for housing related reasons. Two of them are BELs but these two are dinkers she says she got just six months ago so they are fairly young and I wanted to see what your thoughts on them are…they might just be light normals but idk any thoughts? Maybe Fire or YB complexes?

3 Likes

They both just look like light normals to me.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree, probably light normals. Younger normals can be lighter and darken(brown out) w age like most BPs. If anything maybe fire/vanilla complex, especially since you mentioned BELs, are they black eye bels? I don’t see enough pixelization to be YB.
That’s the fun w BP breeding, trying to prove/figure out stuff like that.

2 Likes

The BELs are a S Mojave and a S Butter haha but sorry I forgot to say my friend said these two were import dinkers from an online reptile store. She says they were captive hatched but I’m keeping them all quarantined separate from my collection for a while. They are more than likely just normals but I’ll hang on to them for now!

Thanks for the responses!

I’m not good with identifying YB complex animals, but I would say that these two are not Fires or anything else from that complex.

1 Like

There might be another gene in them but eather way both look healthy

1 Like

They are super healthy and both have already eaten for me so I’m pretty happy with them!

1 Like

I really like them. Their patterns are interesting.

1 Like

I’d make room for the first one, that pattern is interesting. The 2nd one I wouldnt have as much faith in being something personally. I will tell anyone, if you think it’s worth dinking around with, do it. Doesn’t matter what anyone else has to say.

5 Likes

I agree :100: if nothing else it’s fun!!! But personally I don’t think it will prove out a yellowbelly or fire complex gene imo.

2 Likes