Tiny Lab Tech

Found this tiny little guy scurrying across the floor in our lab this morning. Not sure how I managed to catch him and not drop his tail. I put him back outside and told him he was too young to work in the lab.

10 Likes

Mourning gecko. The babies are crazy tiny

3 Likes

It’s so cute!

Which type is that little lady?

1 Like

It’s a Mediterranean house gecko, exotic invasive but well established in most of the eastern US.

4 Likes

Here’s an adult out hunting tonight.

3 Likes

These are pretty cool, and native is definitely a plus! I’ve always liked geckos like this. I used to keep Tokays and it was always funny to me to think that in some places in the world, you’ll just find them climbing on walls, and laying eggs behind furniture, but the people there (probably) don’t think it’s as cool there as I do, haha. And that looks a bit larger than say a mourning gecko, if I’m seeing that right, you said that’s an adult?

3 Likes

Mediterranean house gecko :lizard:

3 Likes

I was hoping for kind of a comparison in size between the two species. :smile:

2 Likes

Oh!…
Does this help I found a pic of an adult :sweat_smile:
Apparently 4-5 inches in size. (Also found a pic of a beardie eating one) :flushed:

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely! I like those, I’m sure they’re probably not popular enough to breed around here being US native (I could be wrong though) but they look like they’d be fun to keep!

3 Likes