To stop the striking? 😅

Can we hear them? :joy:

In English or Espanol? lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I say them in both lol

I can translate if they’re too bad :joy:

Dudeeeeeee. He likes me! :joy:
Nice clean belly :relaxed:

6 Likes

Carpets are notriously bitey, so usually you have to hook train them. Perhaps this would work for your bitey BP as well. Usually it is a feed / defensive response, so once out of the enclosure, things usually calm down.

2 Likes

Wrai had a good idea.
Using a hook can work wonders.
One of my brothers snakes was like that too.
Her name is Meadows of Heaven, or just Heaven for short.
She was anything but heavenly when she first came home. My brother was genuinely scared of handling her. But then we got a snake hook, he would use that to pick her up and after a while he didn’t need it any more for her.
So if push comes to shove, why not try using a hook?

A pic of said spicy girl.

4 Likes

Not much to add to what has already been said. The one thing I can add is a great pick of the name. I have a BP named Blaze as well but he is on the opposite spectrum. He is and always has been gentle and easy going. Good luck. I believe with the tips you have gotten and consistency with handling you have a good chance at taming him down.

Hello, Dan7 here, I have learned that not only snakes but every animal is a unique individual, There are certain groups of snakes that in general are better for handling, kings, some Boas, etc. however since each is an individual this is only generalize. There is always the possibility that one may be more defensive, have a stronger feeding drive and so on than others, some will not respond well no matter how careful and involved with them you are, were as others are responsive in a positive manner to more handling. During field collecting when in a striking pose I open my hand and then cover and gently push the head down for a second, Do not “Mash down”, with my hand still in place I begin to pick the snake up, then reel it in as it starts to “Wander” in your hands. I have other methods as well but this one has worked for me, Remember, even CB animals are wild animal, If you make the decision to keep one it is very important to think ahead of the possibility’s of behavior and commit before acquiring them.
Many Thanks to ALL of the herp Family out there!!