Tub or Viv opinions?

yeah i have decided to use a tub rather than a viv the pros completely out way the cons

Good luck man

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see those homeade racks. I also have been trying to decide what I am going to do rack wise

1 Like

where is a good place to get racks?

There are many rack manufacturers depends on what you are looking for, from pvc open racks to pvc enclosed racks to stainless steel and what your expectations are when it comes to lead time, and finally budget.

C-Serpents
Reptile Basics
Animal Plastics
ARS
Freedom Breeder

Etc

Do yā€™all have any pictures of your tub setups? Iā€™m setting up my first two now for some new arrivals and relocations tomorrow. Do yā€™all but holes on the sides or lid?

@samg For my homemade racks made of individual plastic tubs with their own lids ect I do holes in the side up near the top. That way no pieces of bedding come out as the snake moves.

2 Likes

For me it really depends on what size/shape enclosure the animal needs. For my future ball python Iā€™ll use an Iris tub but for my vine snake Iā€™m going to upgrade to an exoterra large/x-tall eventually, and my male kenyan sand boa is fine in a 10 gallon tank.

Here is a photo of my home made RUB racking

I keep my juves in 9 litre and subs in 18 litre. I will be buying racking to move them up into later this year.

6 Likes

I have always tried to keep myself from becoming a big ball python person due to the HUGE amount of morph options. I know myself and I would get obsessedā€¦ Started out last July with 1 single Ball Python. 10 months in and I have 27 ball pythons all in a rack/tub system. :laughing:

6 Likes

Completely understand buddy :sweat_smile: If it wasnā€™t for us saving up for 2.2 het monarchs that we just got then we would be near your numbers lol. Peace

1 Like

Iā€™ve just been looking at metal shelving like yoursā€¦Itā€™s happening already haha

1 Like

Thatā€™s gona cost you at least 12 ball pythons mate :rofl:

1 Like

I am finding the same thingā€¦This BP thing is such a blast! I canā€™t get enoughā€¦All of my free time is spent learning, watching videos, searching new purchases and holding my BP. I am about to invest in a simple racking system. i love holding and looking at my snakes but they donā€™t care to be out unless i take them out so the Viv is just pointless, expensive and harder to maintain. it really is the best way to go from every angle.

3 Likes

Hi Mitch

100% buddy, I am still if not more enthralled in Ball pythonsā€¦ itā€™s a rabbit hole for sure. Luckily my wife is coming along for the journey with me.

2 Likes

My Mrs wasnā€™t sure at all when he got dropped off but Iā€™m sure in time she will come round

1 Like

I Hope so mateā€¦ makes the possibilities endless lol

She is more or a lizard person but I can convert her to the good side hahaha

We are definitely the dark side mate :shushing_face::+1:

2 Likes

I was going to be ā€œdoneā€ for the year now that I got my male and my initial small project has the pieces to be ready to go, but sure enough I went and bought a rack yesterday so once thatā€™s here Iā€™ll be adding 5-6 more sub adults or double that in hatchlings later this year

3 Likes