Two adult snakes need help.with I'd!

Got these 2 as a package deal a while ago.
The only looks normal with a funky pattern and lacking alien heads. The other is super lite possibly vanilla? What do you guys think?

5 Likes

i am not a snake person but i think the top is normal and the bottem is pastel? idk tho @lumpy can help

1 Like

Thanks man, ball pythons are at my place of expertise. But in my humble opinion I would say the first one is not normal, and the second one does look like vanilla to me.

For ball python advice personally I would trust

@trnreptiles
@saleengrinch
@osbornereptiles
@eaglereptiles
@erie-herps

3 Likes

I agree, normal and vanilla, though I’m not experienced with identifying vanilla.

2 Likes

While I do have vanilla in my collection, I’m not experienced with IDing it — but based on some bit of comparison from other existing animals, I would agree with the others saying the first is a normal and the other a vanilla.

1 Like

The top one looks like a normal, likely het for something that is causing funky patterns.
If you can find out the parents then you’ll likely get your answer what for.

I’m going to take an absolutely wild guess here and say het Albino… if you ever do that pairing and get visuals please let me know I’m a genius :crazy_face:

First thing to look, for in Vanilla is the “micky mouse” headstand…
SmartSelect_20210829-164207_Chrome
I’d be happy buying that as a vanilla but before I ever did I’d get @saleengrinch ID on it to be sure.

3 Likes

Am I the only one that noticed the happy tooth pattern, in the first pic? Lol adorable

3 Likes

Het albino doesn’t cause any sort of visual display of pattern disruption. It could just be a normal with nothing else going on since they are highly variable.

3 Likes

It was meant as a joke @ashleyraeanne
It was for the sake of just adding a guess without knowing pairing information therefore you cannot actually guess hets.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have any issue buying this as a vanilla but………… I would lean towards it being one of the Lucy makers ie fire. Black eyed Lucy makers not blue eyed maker lol for clarification.

And het albino doesn’t have any visual indication I agree get it together Thomas lol

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Need help identifying this ball Python

Hmmm well I plan on pairing her this season so will let you all know what happens! But now I feel more confused I thought this girl was a fire.

1 Like

as i look more into it any chance you guys think she mite be a desert ghost? the one i originaly though was vanilla