Uspet for my friend that just received a snake

A friend of mine just got a snake from a huge auction company & its was said to be “health inspected” before shipped. Well she is a very young…little kingsnake. And she showed up when we unboxed her…with a big mite in her eye socket. Dont tell me you didnt see that before you shipped her. It was painfully obvious when we unboxed her!! It was there when you shipped her!! Come on. Anyways…they are responsive…but seem more concerned about…checking their own racks. Super disappointing. & she refuses to send it back cause with it being soo young & all the stress…is afraid she is signing her death sentence. I agree. Any constructive advice to deal with this situation is appreciated. Keep in mind…snake is now in good hands & being treated appropriately.

1 Like

After some treatments…the poor little thing is obviously infested too…its not just one…she is covered…

1 Like

My friend is so upset…she has a big collection. So I totally understanding of this whole situation just being…well sh*tty

1 Like

After her treatments a good number of teeny ones are showing up on the paper towels & water dish

1 Like

Also…keep in mind…this snake is almost pure translucent pink…with red eyes…when I said obvious…I mean…obvious AF

1 Like

So long as she is being treated things should get better. Be sure to quarantine her from the rest of the collection. This is of the upmost importance. If she isnt quarantined the entire collection could end up with mites. Make sure you are keeping her weight up and that she is staying healthy. I wish you the best of luck

1 Like

All great info…& every thing already being on top of…thanks

1 Like

She was being quarantine from the jump…but now she is staying 9n it for 95 + days

2 Likes