Victory's eggs look different. Thoughts?

Hi. I found this thread because my older blood red corn laid an unusual clutch. The egg size was about 1/2-3/4 the usual size, 18 of them all with very thin shells. I wonder, how did things turn out with your clutch?

3 Likes

Hi @bbstock. For the most part, and kind of to my amazement, the clutch did just fine! One egg ended up rupturing pretty much right away. The others went through incubation and produced beautiful, normal babies. One egg had twins, one of whom was underdeveloped and DIE. (The other twin is in my NFS group. His name is Pollux, and he’s doing just fine.) The others continued to look strange, but they progressed as they should and hatched on time.

Do you have pics of the ones about which you’re concerned ?

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Here are some pics of my thin shelled clutch of smallish eggs. They look like they are developing.

4 Likes

Looks like good strong veins!

2 Likes

They look like they’re doing well! What’s going on inside can be beautiful even if the outside isn’t. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the encouraging words. They are pretty small, some of them. It will be interesting to see how they turn out. I’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes