Wanted Section aka In Search Of Alerts [1005] [DONE]

Would a “Wanted” category or type of ad be appropriate in some fashion? I have found myself looking for very specific animals that were not listed at the time, but which I’m pretty sure many breeders would have had, I just didn’t know how/who to ask.

I am also very much in favor of a category for caging/racks/etc. It would be very cool to be able to look at options for an item side by side for comparison shopping. I’m not quite sure how I feel about having ‘used’ supplies posted. In theory I’m in favor, but the fact that no one really ships (second hand) could grate against some.

Thinking about categories, would an ‘Invertebrates’ or ‘amphibians’ category be an asset?

4 Likes

I would like a section like this too. I see some posting saying it’s too much work for the seller, but nobody is making the seller go into a “wanted” or “ISO” section to search for potential buyers. Also some saying it makes the buyer lazy, well it’s the buyer loses out since not all sellers will be interested in going through a “wanted/ISO” section. those buyers are not likely to do much searching anyway, regardless.
–first time poster since I am not a forum person and when I went onto “contact” to suggest and ISO Section it funneled me here. So I had to sign up to post.

3 Likes

Honestly, I agree with this! A buyer that’s going to just post the ad and never search isn’t a buyer that was going to search anyway, while some buyers do exist that want specific snakes that sellers might be a bit lazy to list even if they have them around (or save them for shows because they tend to not do well on site).

1 Like

It would be great to have a saved searches option which emailed out on a schedule if new matches were listed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would love it if you could get an alert for an animal you are looking for when posted. Some reptiles are very rare and sell in a day or 2 and I never saw it. For instance. I am looking for a fire boa female born before 2018. So maybe you could put those parameters in and get an alert through email or even text so when that snake is posted I get an immediate alert. And boom Sold! Can we get that done maybe?

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this post.

Can I create alerts for morphs that are currently unavailable? It’ll be awesome if morphmarket can notify me when the exact same animal or similar that I’m looking for has been published by some breeder.

3 Likes

It’s been mentioned before but it’s not a feature yet, however it’s on the list to be done.

6 Likes

Great! that’ll be pretty cool

2 Likes

I’m shocked it doesn’t exist, as someone who owns a retail business having your customers tell you what’s in demand is priceless.

5 Likes

+1

Just another vote in favor of the Alerts feature. I’m hunting for eventual breeder groups of some species that aren’t terribly easy to find right now, and it would save me a lot of manual checking to be able to set up alerts.

Any chance that SMS push notifications might be a part of that? Maybe as a feature for premium MM members?

5 Likes

I know im way late to the party on this topic, but this would be awesome! I fibd myself checking the market between once a week and once a month. By setting up alerts like this, it would ensure myself and others dont miss anything, while also not putting the burden on the sellers, as we would still need to contact them like normal if interested.

Perhaps some data showing what searches have been saved could be available, without showing by who, just to show what the demand is for certain things, though i feel unless the saved list is cleared aitomatically periodically, it will lose its use fairly quickly for this, as people may not clear their saved search once they get what they are looking for. But with a grain of salt, it could be useful info.

4 Likes

I hope, when this is implemented, that I can get an index of all ads related to all of my alerts on a single page. Ostensibly in chronologically newest-first order, unless there’s a better ordering option I am not thinking of.

1 Like

It would be nice if we could be notified when a specific seller has new animals posted. And if we could be notified when specific morphs are available, that would be fab!

2 Likes

I get notifications when any new royals or cresties come up.

Or do you mean specific sellers? You can follow sellers. I assume you then get notifications when the post up.

@eaglereptiles should be able to help. As not sure if I’m correct about the following sellers!

2 Likes

I believe you are talking about our MorphReport emails, whereas @lizardaddictmn means on a real-time basis. Eg… as soon as a ad is placed that matches certain criteria it will alert users that have saved that criteria.

5 Likes

I would also like to vote for potential buyer saved search match alerts. Maybe have the search also notify every 6 months for the user to confirm they are still looking or allow to expire. Then if sellers are able and want to search the want list (perhaps to decide what to breed) it will be more relevant.

2 Likes

As a buyer, I would definitely like to see an alert type function. If I can put in a set of parameters to search and then just check the box for “alert me”, that would be great! I can also see it being a load on the MM servers, so maybe limit the number of saved alerts per account?

As a seller, I would love to have access to a list of the top 100 most saved alerts. Perhaps even broken down by historical and categorical data? Having access to all searches broken down like that would be amazing, but kinda big brotherish, I mean, you guys aren’t Google, right? Access to those alert lists could be a perk for the higher levels of seller support. It won’t help a small breeder much to see 100 different morphs being sought-after, if they only have the means to produce two, they’ll produce what they can, but the breeders with larger collections will be able to take advantage of this. And for the rest of us, it might help guide us towards what customers want, and show us what’s missing and might need a little marketing and exposure love to generate interest.

Just my $0.02 :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Yes being able to save a gene search and be alerted when those gene compos come available would be awesome. I find my self having multiple windows open with the animal I’m looking for. Hitting refresh a couple times a day. lol Also second the 100 top searched/saved genes.

3 Likes

I was thinking it would be cool if their was a feature where let’s say I want an Ultramel Clown but none are posted on MorphMarket . If you signed up for this feature when one does get posted you get an email notification that it has been posted to MorphMarket . Therefore the buyer(s) will not miss out on the opportunity to reach out to the seller and for sellers it will be nice because they will get inquiries even quicker.
I would sign up right now for this for DG Clowns, Ultramel Clowns, and Redhead Clowns…

Thanks,

Mike
Osmun Reptiles

7 Likes

Great idea Mike,

We have pretty much this exact idea in the works but with added direct to your device notifications also.

Wanted Section aka In Search Of Alerts [#1005]

8 Likes