We want to get a 2nd ball and try breeding in a year, looking for recommendations

To be fair that kinda makes it cool to work with we all love the genes that look good with anything you brainlessly throw into it but having one where you need a little more precise planning to bring out it’s best possibilities has its own charm and it’s gotta feel rewarding to succeed with it

Want to do something more long term and rewarding? Get a pied or clown female you can get base morph female babies for 400 possibly with pastel. Every baby is het. Take the nicest male grow him up a year or less breed back to mom and get visuals.
Or…
Just look at all the morphs search pics on what they could look like and get what you like. :snake::green_heart:

Just re-read the string, I dont know why I thought jetvinny wanted to breed in a year. At no point did they say they had a time line. Never less if you already have males and are looking to get into breeding on a truncated time line; proven adult females are worth researching (for any future new comers to the hobby reading this string)

Probably because the thread title says “in a year” haha

But yes! Proven breeder females are a great way to get a head start with breeding. I’m hoping to get my first clutch from a proven breeder female, and I’ve only been keeping ball pythons since August of 2018 :grin::joy:

:thinking: pretty sure that means they wanna breed in a year.

Well $h!+, I reread everything but the title lol