Well, I feel like the worst owner ever

As my avatar suggests, I have experience w aquarium lighting after a decade of coral propagation. Lights definitely color shift as they get old. Especially T5 lighting like you might have in a 36” hood. Long before they stop glowing, the light could be dramatically different than when it was new. They fade gradually too, so old lights are probably not the problem. But, new lights would be dramatically brighter. That could upset the boy?

In one of your replies, you kinda suggest that you hand feed him? Our beardie is going on 7 yrs now, and he has never taken food from our hands. Eats like a hog from his salad bowl, and won’t stop chasing crickets ‘til the last one’s gone. But he has no interest in something from the hand. Yours might be equally uncomfortable?

He hasn’t even acted like he might bite again once we got the fecal check & gave him the medication. He has taken food from my hand since just after I adopted him, and just today when I found an early-blooming dandelion he ate three of the blooms out of the palm of my hand in one whopping go without even brushing me with his scales. He’s actually a lot gentler about hand-feeding than my 2-year-old was, and he’s back to his usual daily routines of when he wants to bask, when he wants a run around, and when he’ll curl up in my lap to snooze.

2 Likes

Good news indeed!