What are y'all's favorite dinosaurs? 🦕

What was even wilder is that decades after it got reclassified and Brontosaurus stopped existing as a real dinosaur, another species was named Brontosaurus. Taxonomy is absolute chaos.

7 Likes

Oh gosh, picking favourites is so hard.

I know it’s pedestrian, but my love of dinosaurs definitely started with Tyrannosaurus Rex. My dad is a geologist, and in the lobby of the building where his lab/office was at UC Santa Barbara, there was a big Tyrannosaurus Rex skull. When I was a kid, I used to sit in front of that thing and just stare at it for hours, imagining the creature that skull belonged to. It gave me a lifelong love of therapod dinosaurs in general.

If I had to pick a favourite therapod, I guess it might be Chilantaisaurus (at least today). I like that their forelimbs and “hands” weren’t quite as stubby and tiny as some other therapods, it makes them look a little more proportional. They look very sleek to me.

Also love Dilong, the cute little 25-pound tyrannosaur. This would definitely be one of my picks of I could have a pet dino.

I also really like the chasmosaurine dinos, though it’s hard to pick a single favourite. I guess today I’ll go with Regaliceratops. They had such cool heads and skulls.

13780fc5-1166-4a34-85da-238b48052aa9-620x372

And then of course, the tiny and adorable Aquilops is just too cute not to mention. This is another one I would keep as a pet if I could.

8 Likes

I would definitely choose this for my pet dinosaur :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. Like a super advanced monitor lizard lol :joy:.

5 Likes

Haha, exactly! A super advanced, bipedal monitor. With feathers. If you think a croc monitor has big teeth…:joy:

5 Likes

The best kind of dinosaur lol

2 Likes