What can you do if you get scammed as a seller outside of MorphMarket?

Happy Saturday! Hope it’s a decent weekend for you. I’m curious about something.

This is an excellent idea. I’m curious how/where you’re finding the data. I’ve been being and selling on a small scale for a long time, but I’m certainly not a big breeder and really don’t want to deal with unfair bad reports. Even more so and more importantly, I don’t want to send any animal into a situation where they won’t be well cared for.

I’ve got vision challenges so too much screen time is s challenge. I have been on social more this year than in the past 5, and it’s still not much. I know there’s good info out there but dang, it’s hard to sift.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Have a good one!
Caryl

3 Likes

I scan through this group, it allows buyers and sellers to discuss things in an open forum for all to see if they cant resolve things privately. It lets you see how they interact so you can get an idea if youd like to do business with them. There are some valid complaints, and then there are some people who just cant be pleased. I do not put anyone with a valid problem onto my DNS, but if i feel they are being unreasonably petty despite the seller making every attempt to accommodate them, i definitely do add them to my DNS list, as i cant afford to do business with people who dont understand mistakes happens and wouldnt give me a chance to reasonably resolve the situation.

1 Like

That’s exactly the attitude I have, which I believe all reasonable folks have. Real problems happen, and they should be addressed. Sometimes some people can’t be pleased. In a former life, I was the person to whom the problem accounts got handed when others couldn’t solve the problems. Sometimes even when the problems are rectified the people remain screechy and impossible. They’re the exceptions, thank God.

I am afraid I’ll jinx myself, but so far I have been more than fortunate. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

No problem at all, i know this kind of situation is worste case scenerio amd there are 2 sides to every story, but for small time its better to be safe than sorry :slight_smile: its a judgement call sellers have to make, jusy as a buyer has to look at bad reviews and decide if they want to take the risk.

1 Like

Quite so. Frankly it’s worse for me as a seller than when I buy. As a buyer, all I’m risking is money. Not like I’m rich, but still. As a seller, I’m risking an animal’s future. Easy call which matters more.

1 Like

So unfortunately PayPal sided with the credit card company and is not letting the charge go through. Really sucks, but more importantly the animals went to a shady set of people. Makes me upset and pretty angry at the situation. Lesson is definitely learned.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that, too many of us can really relate, which is also pretty sad. When MorphMarket gets their own payment method up and running I think it will be a great benefit to everyone, especially the smaller businesses that want to look professional without risking these types of scams. PayPal is great for non animal services maybe, but needs to rework their system for live animals to at least be fair to the seller and the buyer, you would think! Sorry again that sucks! But hopefully since you updated us it will help people avoid or prevent this type of situation, so thank you for updating! Wish you only good customers from now on!

4 Likes

Dang, I am very sorry to hear that they didn’t do right by you. I know that losing the money hurts, and losing the animals is even worse. I am really sorry.

1 Like