What do you think I got?

Acquired from Petco (I know, I know) as a normal. She is a female, and was $52, and super pretty I thought, so why not?

Anyone want to guess at her genetics?

1 Like

Looks like a black pastel

Hmm, I don’t see black pastel but I’ve also never seen a 62g black pastel hatchling.

Her dorsal is yellow, flames are orangey pink with good contrasting borders. Phone pics leave something to be desired.

I don’t think that has black pastel in it. Maybe a mystic or mojave fire.

Ya after a second look its not dark enough to be black pastel. Mystic seems like a good call.

I could be convinced of that after finding some mystic pics.

This particular petco has a manager and at least one employee who keep several BP’s, and her temps and humidity were right on. So at least they had that going for them.

We went down the street to another store and bought our first pied today too. BP addiction makes heroin seem like a vague wish for something salty.

3 Likes

Just saw a few spotnose pics that look a lot like my new girl also.

Personally I don’t think that’s a mystic. The head isn’t dark enough IMO. Quite a head stamp on that one. Nice bright yellowish color. Lots of flames. I would guess possibly fire?

None of the Fires I’ve looked at had such a regular pattern and back strip though.

Looked at a few pics of single gene Specials and that’s as close as I’ve gotten.

Something about her said BEL complex the second I saw her, just wasn’t sure what. I guess the only way to tell for sure is feed her about a hundred rats and then put her in with Chompy and see what happens (Mojave Enchi Ghost).