What is everyone's most anticipated clutch this season?

post pics of the pairings if you have them.

Here are my pairings this year.

July/August Albino Spider (Elsa) Black Pastel DH Albino Piebald (Jager)
July/August Toffee (Monet) Lesser Clown (Whistler)
October / November Pastel (Alice) Firefly Cinnamon YB (Edgar)
October / November Enchi (MIX)(Mikasa) Banana Enchi (Nan)
November/December Vanilla Fire (Miranda) OD Champagne Calico het Ghost (Orajumund)
November/December Pastel Clown (Rene) Bamboo Het Clown (Rembrandt)
November/December Pastel Clown (Dali) Lesser Leopard DH Clown Ultramel (Picasso)
November /December Fire(Ethel) Firefly Cinnamon YB (Edgar)
December/January Enchi (Ariel) OD Champagne Calico Het Ghost (Orajumund)
December/January Mojave (MIX) Bamboo (Jose)
December/January Calico Firefly Cinnamon YB (Edgar)
December/January Cinnamon Pastel DH Ghost Piebald (Aphrodite) Pinstripe Piebald (Julius)
December/January Super Pastel Enchi Het Piebald (Esmerelda) Pinstripe Piebald (Julius)
December/January Super Enchi Mojave Poss OD (Chumana) Firefly Axanthic (Knee)
December/January Vesper Genetic Banded Piebald (Misty) Firefly Axanthic (Knee)
December/January Mojave Piebald (Katana) Black Pastel DH Albino Piebald (Jager)
December/January Pastel Axanthic (Hissy) G-Stripe (VanGogh)
December/January HGW (Lenore) Lesser Clown (Whistler)
December/January Bumblebee (Georgia) Firefly Cinnamon YB (Edgar)
December/January Butter (Bridget) Lesser Clown (Whistler)
March/April Chocolate Butter Ghost (Schokolada) Pinstripe Piebald (Julius)
March/April Spider (Cinderella) Pastel Banana (Jose)
April/May Fire (Moana) GHI HRA Black Pastel (Ozzy)
April/May Vanilla (Aurora) Banana Enchi (Nan)
May/June Pastel Cinnamon (Aowyn) GHI HRA Black Pastel (Ozzy)
May/June Mystic (Jasmine) Bamboo (Johnny)

And some photos of them.

7 Likes

Wow that is a bunch

2 Likes

I don’t have many breeding size females yet, but I’m pretty excited about these 2 pairings! My male Pastel Chocolate DG probable Hypo 50% het Caramel Albino to my Calico Enchi and Chocolate GHI Mojave 50% het Hypo and Rainbow. I already got an ovulation from the Chocolate GHI Mojave and she’s now going into her prelay shed, but my Calico Enchi is taking her sweet time lol.

2 Likes

I had high expectations this season, but seem to have used up all of my beginners’ luck last year.

So far it looks like the only for sure clutch I’m getting is from my repeat 1.0 super mystic x 0.1 butter pair… female has 5 good-size follicles in her and had refused food her last feeding.

I have my 1.0 butter spinner x 0.1 pewter pairing that is a maybe, female has gained a ton of weight and has gone on a feeding frenzy compared to before, but I haven’t felt any follicle growth in her yet. She’s still locking up so that’s a plus.

My other 3 females… either aren’t locking anymore or didn’t lock at all. So I’ll have to wait and try again next season. I’ll have a few more females up to size as well by then so hopefully I’ll have a bit better turnout!

This is usually an indicator that the female is building and trying to add on the additional fat reserves needed to produce eggs. I would say you have a very good chance of getting eggs from this female if you increase her feeding and continue to pair her!

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I was maybe on her — I’ve been feeding her extras here and there and she takes them no problem. Hopefully I’ll start feeling follicles soon, I started pairing her in early February so that could be why I haven’t felt any follicles yet

1 Like

If a female is lunging out I feed her frequently. If you don’t she may not go for you. The signs of abnormal feeding response is her feeling she needs more in order to produce eggs. Cutting off feeding or reducing feeding to a building female is probably the main reason people end up not getting eggs.

1 Like

I normally feed my breeding females one small a week, and for her I’ve been feeding extras during the week too. She’s still gaining weight pretty steadily so I think I’m doing fine with feeding. Unless you mean I should bump her to 2 smalls a week, spaced out of course

1 Like

I feed building females more than once a week. Also feed them more than once a week if they recently laid. Breeding is rough on a female. Could be the reason why your other gals didn’t want to breed this year.

2 Likes

I really want a russo spotnose clown, so this is my most anticipated pairing. Spotnose clown x russo het clown. The spotnose clown was also paired with a pastel russo 66% het clown girl who is going to ovulate any day now.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I want spotnose in my clowns as well but the male that I have with spotnose won’t breed

I would say my top 3 are blackhead firefly x bumblebee(already have eggs) Huffman pastel pin d black pewter ghost, and soul sucker yellowbelly x super specter.

3 Likes

I was really looking forward to the one that was laid yesterday pastel bh red gene x pastel mystic potion but she slugged out. 1 good egg 7 slugs

1 Like

Technically she didn’t if she gave you a good egg! May still get what you want in the one!

1 Like

I know technically she didn’t but just discouraged this has bee my worst breeding season. Been having bad luck this year.

1 Like

Well that is sometimes the case in breeding live animals, you sometimes have a bad season. Please don’t let this discourage you out of passion for reptiles, too many let it die in a bad season. Just keep going, sooner or lather you will see the affect.

2 Likes

I won’t this is my 7th season of breeding and my first season with a lot of bad luck

1 Like

Six to one say you are doing pretty good!