What is this? Advertised as Paint but looks nothing how I would expect!

Hi guys! Any idea what this is? Advertised as paint but looks like something else. No clutch info or paring data at this time.

3 Likes

This looks more like a Sable to my eye.

@saleengrinch works with Sable so I will tag him and see what his thoughts are

4 Likes

I had a similar thought. I have hatched Sables in the past. The dark overlay across this whole animal certainly has a Sable vibe.

2 Likes

That one for sure appears a single gene sable in that picture. The speckling and the color is the indicator for me personally. Here’s one of my holdbacks for reference and because I like her lol

8 Likes

Thank you for the feedback guys. Here is another I am assuming comes from the same clutch stating that is is a Het Red Paint!
Clearly not, but would you think this one is another sable?

4 Likes

Appears so that is actually a better example imo. Definitely doesn’t have hra.

5 Likes

Agreed. Not at all sure why animals from this seller are so frequently misidentified. Thank you so much for the ID help.

1 Like

If it’s a seller on here, someone might want to give them a heads up that they’re misrepresenting animals before it ends badly

6 Likes

me just over here sitting quietly GIF by reactionseditor

9 Likes

Feel free to chime in! You know way more about paint than anyone else on here! I don’t think that looks paint but I could definitely be wrong.

1 Like

Ok let’s do this . 100% het paint next to paint

5 Likes

Here’s the thing and the reason I fought sooo freaking hard to get paint listed recessive. You can not pick out (het) paints unless you know they came from a visual paint (super paint ) they 1000% don’t show on a LARGE portion of genes

3 Likes

I agree I was assuming he was saying this was listed as a visual paint. Op stated it was listed as paint not het paint. Would you agree these do not appear to be visual paint?

3 Likes

I’ve already reached out to @reddot_reptiles , this isn’t a MorphMarket Ad. :blush:

3 Likes

10000% not visual
if it is het i could not say without knowing it came from a visual.

4 Likes

Cheers for the info y’all. Most appreciated. Certainly not Paint but I do like the dark stuff. I’ve not had Sable or similar in my group for so long this is pretty tempting, would be nice to see what came from some test breedings.