What new features do you want to see?

Considering many people have them, id love to see a cornsnake section! Im getting my first one in just a few days and im so excited. And when i joined the morphmarket i was sad to not see a category for them

There is a corn snake category right on the front page.

I ment in the categories on this area of the site, but there a colubrids section so guess theyd fall under there.

You mean the forums themselves? I thought there was one, maybe people just haven’t posted about them? But yeah, colubrids would be what they fall under.

1 Like

When it comes to the forum the activity level is what dictates whether or not specific species will stand on it’s own and have it’s own category and this is where proper tags comes into place since cornsnakes do fall under colubrids.

There is just not enough acitvity at this time for a stand alone corsnake category.

For example you have 175 threads in colubrids (all species combined) vs 1200 in Ball Pythons.

Corsnakes have 39 tag threads having a category for each species that have so few threads would just make the forum very cluttered.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: “Calculate With” Button on Ad

A post was merged into an existing topic: Racks, Cages, Equipment and Supplies Categories

I know it’s probably a long shot but maybe a place to list merch for sale? (such as stickers, clothing, etc.)

I have all of these stickers I’ve posted about in my other thread, but I haven’t really found any websites besides MM that allow for you to have what is essentially a free storefront, at least when you’re starting out anyways.
Places like Etsy and Shopify require you pay them to have a store open, afaik.
Even the store widget on the Wix site editor require you pay for their subscription to use it.

I do plan to pay for a membership on MM when I start hatching out my baby ball pythons, but I can appreciate that it isn’t something that’s required unlike the other sites.

3 Likes

A way to filter live vs frozen thawed

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ability to Follow Sellers

This has to of been mentioned, a category for insects, spiders, scorpions, bugs, roaches, Mantis, Millipedes, Centipedes, isopods, springtails etc… *Vinegaroons, can’t forget those creepy things.

2 Likes

I’d really like to see a filter option to remove wild caught from my views. Unless I’m blind, I don’t see one.

3 Likes

This may not be a common issue, but I know there are other people, like myself, who cannot feed live.

I’ve had the most issue looking for snakes that are currently feeding frozen/thaw and have had to ask a lot of breeders if they think the snake would take/if they were willing to try feeding thawed their next meal to see if it will take.

I think it would be helpful if there was a filter in the search that allowed you to choose if the reptile is currently eating live or frozen, this way you can be shown only the animals that are taking frozen and know that they will be more likely to take frozen from you after they come home.

Again, this might not be a huge issue and if not, I understand! I just think it would be a neat feature to be able to seek out animals already eating what you want to feed.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I would like being able to see if that breeder will go so some expos like a list of expos he will be

2 Likes

I’d like to be able to sort animals by weight. We can sort by age, but that is only very general. Being able to see animals in order from largest to smallest would be great.

4 Likes

I second your suggestion as well because I for instance am trying to buy more het clown combo females and since the adults are expensive I try to get subadults in the 800 gram plus range but if I were to sort by age it will also show really small females around 300 to 400 grams also listed with the larger subadults.

1 Like

Here we can’t! That would be awesome idea!!!

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Report Unhealthy Animal Feature

Hey all – I’m closing this topic because this is what this entire subcategory of Marketplace Support / Feature Requests is for.

For feature requests, please:

1. First look to see if it’s already been requested (much easier with individual topics) and add your comments there
  2. If not create a new topic

I have moved a number of the above requests to individual topics, as is the style we want to follow. I’ve summarized the remainder of requests here as follows:

BETTER KEYWORD SEARCH
Anyway to do a “keyword search” some animals either dont have a trait in the system yet, or seller does not tag the trait but lists in the ad. Could also accommodate search for locations or breeders etc.
I second the keyword search, so I can look for things like “proven,” “group,” “pair,” “high-contrast,” “low white.” etc.

SEARCH FILTERS
I’d really like to see a filter option to remove wild caught from my views. Unless I’m blind, I don’t see one.
I’ve had the most issue looking for snakes that are currently feeding frozen/thaw and have had to ask a lot of breeders if they think the snake would take/if they were willing to try feeding thawed their next meal to see if it will take.
I’d like to be able to sort animals by weight. We can sort by age, but that is only very general. Being able to see animals in order from largest to smallest would be great.
I second your suggestion as well because I for instance am trying to buy more het clown combo females and since the adults are expensive I try to get subadults in the 800 gram plus range but if I were to sort by age it will also show really small females around 300 to 400 grams also listed with the larger subadults.

BLOCK SELLER
I can’t believe there’s really one higher up on the list than a “NOT FROM [insert store ## here]” option while searching for animals.

FREE SHIP
It would be cool if there was something that denoted free shipping on the thumbnail of ads.

EXPO-related
A “shipped to reptile expo name” filter
I would like being able to see if that breeder will go so some expos like a list of expos he will be

SORT TRAITS INDEX:
Sortable genes and traits section. Right now it is fixed in alphabetical form. I think it would be interesting to have the ability to sort it by the amount of homozygous/heterozygous/pos het and by inc dominant/recessive forms to get an easy overall picture of the supply of each mutation.
Regarding manipulation of the mutation list: Also not the same to search for a specific mutation. It’s different visually to see an entire list on one screen, get a real idea / overall picture of the quantity of various mutations.

MORE CATEGORIES: PLANTS
A classified section for plants. An auction template would be great for that too, but even without that I still prefer the format of MorphMarket over eBay. It’s a huge market that seems like it would be easy for MorphMarket to ease into with their existing design.

MORE CATEGORIES: MERCH
I know it’s probably a long shot but maybe a place to list merch for sale? (such as stickers, clothing, etc.)

MORE CATEGORIES: VENOMOUS
id like to also see a venomous section. just a thought.

CRESTED CALCULATOR
Would adding crested geckos to the genetics portion of the site be possible?