What new reptiles have you bought recently? 2.0

Something else you can use I found that worked out great personally is reindeer moss, you can pack it into the gaps, and as long as it’s seated firmly enough, they won’t disturb it or go through it. Eventually, if the humidity levels aren’t extremely high, it starts to harden and eventually creates a better barrier, I’ve found it to be great at gatekeeping mourning geckos and small dart frogs/froglets.

7 Likes

Thanks Axle we will look into that!

6 Likes

and @ghsaltie Wow! That’s a extremely interesting! Thank you guys for clarifying! :pray::heart::blush:

4 Likes

Not bought, but recently hatched. This one is STILL on my hand while I’m posting this! She got comfortable and won’t leave. :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Season 6 Episode 22 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

This is definitely the longest I’ve ever gotten a mourning gecko to hang out with me. :joy:

13 Likes

Morning geckos are really awesome. I’ve actually caught a few over the years in my area of South Florida. I probably will eventually get some, but I kind of want to get a couple from people who keep them and not get them wild caught.

8 Likes

Where do you get reindeer moss from? The only things I can find are little balls of it, or it’s very expensive for a super small amount. I’ll probably use it in my crestie enclosures to block off areas where they shouldn’t lay their eggs (but still do :neutral_face:).

8 Likes

I’ve also heard that if you choose to room temp incubate any eggs in the enclosure, the mothers can become cannibalistic if they aren’t getting proper protein/calcium from dusted flies/pin crickets, etc. If you’re okay with that to keep number managable that’s up to you, but if you’d like babies to have a good chance make sure there’s plenty of hides around and the moms are satiated especially after laying

8 Likes

8 Likes

That is a beautiful boa!

3 Likes

I got in my shipment of imported baby ball pythons today. Apparently they only packed the bags with 8 babies instead of 10, so the owner picked out 3 nicer looking ones for me and I got 11 total.

I’ll have to get some better pictures of the babies once I separate them and am not feeling as sick, somehow got back to back colds and have been feeling awful!

11 Likes

Awesome imports! I already see a high gold, a banded, and the one in the bottom right of the first pic looks like it may be a granite type morph! I would love to see individual pics, and definitely pay attention to the flames and belly’s on these guys, may be able to pic some great dinkers in that cute squirming mass of pythons! If you got them where I think you did, they are captive hatched, have no mites and hopefully will be strong feeders for you, like my import I got last season! (Of course I still did a good long quarantine)

7 Likes

Yes! The high gold one is a male and I believe the banded one is a female, I’ll have to double check sexes once I’m able to get them all separated into their own tubs.

But yes, they are captive hatched!
A couple are in blue, one apparently shed a few hours after I got them set up in the quarantine tub — but I’ll be offering all of them their first meals once I have them separated.

10 Likes

Didn’t expect to be adding to this thread anytime so soon after my two pickups at tinley…. But here we are!

Got this boy in a trade, and have his shed drying out currently to send in for testing asap.
He’s a banana Wookie 50% het clown, female maker.

12 Likes

My newbie! :heart:

14 Likes

I just got a female albino het anery milk snake. I’m super excited about her and I’m planning on getting an anery het albino male for her in the future.

19 Likes

Great colors on her! I love the band on her head and around her snout! You can’t go wrong with a milksnake! Good luck making snows and other interesting and beautiful babies!

8 Likes

Oh wow, she is stunning. The colours on albino milks are almost unreal, and she’s an exceptionally pretty one. Love her perfect little white mask. Congrats on the beautiful new addition!

9 Likes

Riley I love her! She is so beautiful. I can’t wait to watch her grow! Her colors are spot on.

11 Likes

She’s awesome. She’s very fast, but from breeding geckos, I think I’m okay, lol. I’m super happy with her colors, she is way better looking in person than in the listing (and she’s bigger too).

11 Likes