What new reptiles have you bought recently?

Just put the deposit down on my last reptile for a while. Arctic Anaconda female western hog. Picked her up as a girlfriend for my male Arctic Conda. My other breeding pair is a Toffeeconda female and a Vanilla Cherry Toffeeconda male. I love the super forms of all of those morphs and I look forward to producing some of my own in the future.

Isn’t she a cutie! Now I just have to wait for everyone to grow up haha. The Toffeeconda female is about a year and a half old. The 2 males are both late 2020 babies. This new addition female is the youngest. She was a 2021 girl. I love this species and watching them grow and the little personalities that they develop along the way. I have a bunch of reptiles, but my hogs are my favorites. Cannot wait to take this new one in and watch her grown big and chonky.

I have room in my reptile room for 2 more large colubrids in my snake rack and one more arboreal lizard species. Then I for sure need to be done, but putting new additions on the back burner for a while to focus on growing everyone up right.

17 Likes

She’s a little cutie for sure! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Not a new reptile.
But enjoy Red and his big ol tongue!

13 Likes

@ghoulishcresties that’s an awesome chameleon. We have 1 male Jackson’s in our collection. HE is by far the most care and labor intensive animal we own, but he is so cool to watch.

2 Likes

They’re awesome too! A friend used to have them. He has a panther now like us :blush:
Do you think so? I think Red is easy so that’s surprised me you think that! Any reason why?
Add some pics of him if you like! I think they’re beautiful! My daughter says they’re like a triceratops! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@ghoulishcresties They have very specific care requirements that are not easily maintained in my native area. The high humidity was hard for us to hit in his screened enclosure as well as the night time drop in temp. We ended up having to move him into a glass enclosure in another room to better address his heat/ humidity needs. He is doing great for us now. I finally made the jump and got a mistking mister at an expo a few weeks ago. That thing is so cool. His enclosure is all bioactive with 11 different plant species. Plenty of natural cover to hide and sticks to climb. We have a mistking for rain, a fogger to handle night time humidity, a plant grow light, his uvb light, his heat light, and we purchased a cooling fan from zoomed to make sure his temps get low enough at night.

Maybe saying he was labor intensive was not the right way to word it seeing as his set up now is all automated and working wonderfully. He just requires a lot of equipment for where we live.

This is him basking right now. Night time starts in like 20min for him.

10 Likes

Ah I see!
Glass is always best for chameleons 100%!
We also have a mister too! A lot easier isn’t it for them!
He’s awesome! And set up looks great!
Planning anymore? Or a lady for him? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

See that’s not what the internet will have you believe. Even some of the old school keepers I’ve met locally have said he’s going to die keeping him in glass all chameleons need screen. I did see a few people saying glass was the way to go when I was doing my initial research for him, but the overwhelming opinion on the web is screen so we went that route first and it didn’t go well.

We have had a mister since we got him. It was one of those big brand ones at the pet stores. Bubba ( my chameleons name) hated it because the water was like a stream when it came out. Even with adjusting the nozzles and all that it was still a strong stream. The mistking creates super fine water drops and it doesn’t startle my boy anymore.

Red is pretty sweet too. I love the panthers so much. They are so cool to watch. We have no plans for Bubs he is just a pet. The only animals I know I want to breed are the hoggies.

3 Likes

Finally found this one I have been wanting for a future project. Male Albino Mojave. Will make Cherry Bombs bred to my Mojave Het Albino female I bought a couple weeks ago.

12 Likes

Very nice :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Instead of will make, I should have said have a possibility to make Cherry Bomb’s with that pairing. Rookie mistake.

4 Likes

Didn’t technically buy her but she will be coming over to the lab as soon as she starts eating. I don’t breed related pairs in my sable/spotnose/chocolate pairings so this gal is really going to help me push some projects forward! Super excited! Top left corner! Hypo chocolate spider female!

13 Likes

Nice! Very pretty girl.
I love my babies. I picked them up yesterday. They are so small compared to the other baby I purchased. She weighed 320 grams when I got her.
These probably weigh 100 grams or so.
So pretty and cute though.

1 Like

I posted a few weeks ago about my new Arctic Conda female hognose. She just landed yesterday. She is so itty bitty. Smallest snake I have ever taken in at 7g. She is super wiggly so the pic doesn’t show her beautiful pattern, but it will have to do for now. Calling her Freyja for now to see if I like it.

I now have a 1.1 breeding pair of Toffeeconda hogs and a 1.1 breeding pair of Arctic Conda hogs. I need to stop buying herps for a while now lol. My Toffeeconda pair will be ready to start breeding at the start of 2022. This months weigh in put my female at 210 grams. The Arctic Conda female has a whole bunch of growing to do before she is even close to ready.

THIS (2)

12 Likes

That’s a seriously nice group you have!

1 Like

Finally got my long awaited and anticipated Nicaraguan dwarf boas!!! I’m so excited to finally have them and I also have a few new additions coming later on this year! I have a male and female pair so I can hopefully breed them later on.

14 Likes

They are beautiful @nathan_e
Been waiting for you to get them too! :grin:

1 Like

How is this little baby doing?

Thanks man! I’m super happy with all of them. I love the super morphs of all of their traits, but I couldn’t drop that much money for one so I’ll try to produce them myself. Hogs are my absolute favorite herp. I love their little attitudes. Can’t wait to have little baby snakes.

2 Likes

Back again! Just got this handsome boy in today.
Proven breeder banana fire VPI axanthic, also a female maker! He’s my replacement for Oreo (spider VPI) as I’m getting an adult spider axanthic female tomorrow as well. I’ll post pics of her when I bring her home from the FedEx hub.

She’s sort of a project snake as we don’t know which line of axanthic she is, but the breeder I got her from had offered her to me only because he wanted to move away from the spider morph in particular. This breeder bought a male from me awhile ago and had paired him to her… she had laid a clutch from that pairing but the babies unfortunately did not make it due to a suspected incubator issue.
Of course, while I have Xander (pastel vanilla het VPI) I’d rather pair visual x visual so that’s where the new boy comes in.

I know there’s a bit of stigma against breeding unknown lineages, and I’ve seen the discussions before here on the forums, but I’d be selling the babies as just het VPI if the girl doesn’t turn out to be VPI lineage herself.

13 Likes