What to do when selling animals goes south

Wow. This screams scam artist. I’ve run into this scam a lot. I ask for the vets name and license number. I also request the office notes. Not once have I gotten the requested info or given them a dime back. They just magically fade away once they realize I’m not falling for there scam.

2 Likes

There are all sorts of people you come into contact with when you start selling animals online. Sounds to me like you are being scammed to be honest. You sure they are not pocketing the money you are sending to the vet? Are they friends? I would have refunded her the money for the geckos At the start and just moved on from that buyer.

Did you ask him to send a video of the problem he is describing I hate to think people are scammers but I have had a run in with one first he tried telling me the animals never arrived.
I told him I work for Fedex and can get a video of the driver delivering them some trucks some states they have video. all of the sudden the neighbor delivered them than after that didn’t work he claimed I send him the wrong animals I take videos of what I pack and how so he gave up and I blocked him. It is sad that people are willing to take advantage of sellers that are willing to do anything to make it right.

2 Likes