What was your first reptile?

Was a western ribbon snake when i was 9 years old. Im 62 now and love reptiles more than ever. Its in my blood.

3 Likes

I spent much of my childhood out in the country. I was always bringing home frogs, salamanders crawdads and the occasional garter snake. Just long enough to show my mom and dad , then back to where I found them. Mom didn’t appreciate the snake’s at all ! LOL
After we lost my dad , mom let me keep turtles.
My first was a Musk turtle. Looked like a prehistoric creature with the ridges on the shell that caught my attention.
No snakes for me untill I was out of mom’s house.

Not sure how I missed this one. Our first was a 5yo cornsnake named Houdini. He was a real escape artist. We finally had to get a tank that had one of the locking lids on it. He would still check each corner to see if it was locked, whenever we put him back after handling him. He was probably 13 yo when we lost him. He will never be replaced. Seemed like he knew where cameras where and would pose for it.

4 Likes

Normal Ball python, great temperament unless feeding. He had an insane feeding response on pre-killed. It was 1994, so he was wild caught (or farmed) as most were at that time. I had him almost 20 years.

1 Like