What's y'alls thoughts or feelings in regards to field herping?

Any friends or family that can help? I believe you stated before that you had a disability, perhaps being able to experience herping done right in person would do much to help clear the stigma that youtube brings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Said simply & best as… use common sence…be super easy & considerite with what you find & have fun herping!! Sidenote. Always know your local laws

2 Likes

Fun side thing…document what you do find & where you find it & share with your local " wildlife " thing ( university…wildlife conservation)

2 Likes

I personally do snake removals sometimes from residents & relocate…its so rewarding…the people are happy…the snake is alive… is this not actually included in “herping” anyways summer is the best!! Get to go out & hike & find snakes too!!! Be respectful…Be respectful of animals & habitat & enjoy herping & maybe ever help your locsl wildlife conservative :grinning:

2 Likes

You mean interacting with, and enjoying, wildlife? Uhh, yea, im extremely cool with it. :rofl::rofl:

inaturalist https://www.inaturalist.org/ is a fabulous repository & community for observations of flora & fauna of all stripes. 5.5 million registered users over the globe whose sightings are shared with scientific databanks that are accessed and used for research, such as Global Biodiversity Information Facility.

3 Likes

-me herping 80% of the time:

You dont belong in here… those that enter the hangar never leave, go be free.

Edit: for some reason whenever i make a post they always upload in reverse order, usually i can just edit my post to make it match, but these are meant to be in chronological order, and im too lazy to fix it xD

3 Likes