White python ceramic heat emitters

Hi iv just Set up a white python ceramic heater emitter with cage ,I have a 100 W bulb and probe is placed halfway on side of the tank with a temperature reading of 93 f On hotspot ,80 F ambient air temperature. Now the worrying thing is that the cage protecting the snake from the ceramic heat bulb is 160 F when checked with the heat gun will this burn the snake if it comes in contact as it easily could?

If the snake can wrap around it, it could be a problem but just tapping against it with their nose won’t be a problem for them.

No it’s secured to the top of the tank he can’t wrap around it , it’s very hot to the touch tho

If the snakes can reach it, they can burn themselves on it. There are cage-like barriers that go over the CHE to prevent this.

westridge](Profile - westridge - MorphMarket Reptile Community)Respected Forum Member

3m

If the snakes can reach it, they can burn themselves on it. There are cage-like barriers that go over the CHE to prevent this.

Hi iv just Set up a white python ceramic heater emitter with cage

Thanks, didn’t catch that.

I nearly overlooked it when I first read it myself. Even in cages che make me nervous since they get so darn hot.

1 Like