Who else kids love Reptiles?

Your Mum sounds Amazing! Dancing in the rain :cloud_with_rain: She sounds like a wonderful soul! I bet youā€™re like that with your girls :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
All those brothers too, how did you manage! Iā€™m oldest of 3, my brother and sister are enough for me :sweat_smile:
No no, you feel free to share! I bottled up losing my Grandad (more like my dad as never really saw mine) And now I feel happy talking about him!
Love their names, especially Rain :heart:

2 Likes

My little one absolutely adores our snakes. Her favorites are the Eastern Indigos. Lucy is now four years old, but she was three at the time these photos were taken. She always asks to get Blackjack or Roulette out (but especially Blackjack :grin:).

7 Likes

Really cute! Lucky kid!

2 Likes

Thank you for you kindness. It is hard to deal with loss, when my mom passed, I didnā€™t have a real mom for 15 years. Then my best friend mom stepped in and became the person I could aspire to be. My mom was an amazing woman, I tell stories about her like I was there and remember the whole thing, but she died 21 years ago and I donā€™t remember to much, but I do remember the best momories. I try to Be Like my mom, but it is difficult sometimes to be that patient and understanding, I honestly donā€™t know how she managed with 6 kids and breast cancer for 10 years, she was a fighter. I managed brothers fine and was always called a ā€œtomboyā€. My only girly thing was a gift from my mother, a beautiful sterling silver necklace with a charm in the shape of a star that she gave me a few weeks before she passed. She made me promise one thing to her, that I would take care of the family and help my dad, to always remember that everyone is living a different life, and to never judge or bring people down because we donā€™t know what they are going through. I still have that necklace today, and remember her words more than any other thing in my brain. She told me that the reason she danced in the rain and sang to the sound of thunder was because ā€œif you never can make it through the rain, you can never enjoy the sunā€. That was her motto she lived by. Iā€™m tearing up just thinking about it. Thank you for the kind words regarding the names, for 9 months I searched for something meaningful but when I saw my baby for the first time I knew what it had to be. Her eyes are the most beautiful blue as well so it worked perfectly. I see so much of my mother in the way rain talks and walks. She has her dadā€™s smile though. And Heidi is a spitting image of my dad. Very proud mother.

6 Likes

She is so cute, pretty snake too!

1 Like

I have 3 kids that havenā€™t had much choice in the matter. They have been around them most of their lives, as sometimes it seems we live in a small petting zoo! My oldest has her own red dunner beardie she loves and really enjoys all of the creatures I end up bringing home. my youngest is in love with the snakes and the tortoises but not a fan of the giant Iguanaā€¦ My son likes to help with the geckos but isnt a fan of the snakesā€¦

All in all, we have a lot of fun!

5 Likes

They are all amazing, good job for getting them to like reptiles, even if they didnā€™t really have a say. They still chose to be there holding them.

1 Like

I donā€™t have kids, but I was once a child and loved reptiles even then (especially snakes, much to the dismay of my mother). Does that count? :joy: Luckily for me my mother finally let up when I was around 12-13 and let me get my first snake.

2 Likes

What was your first? :yum:

1 Like

My first snake was my Arizona mountain king snake, Ammon. He is the snake in my profile pic. He is still going strong nearly 11 years later. I still need to get around to making my care sheet for his species, since many that are out there arenā€™t as complete as they should be.

4 Likes

I had a king snake as a girl and fell in love, beautiful species. Thatā€™s great that your making a full care sheet for these guys!

1 Like

I donā€™t really hear much about them I must say! Always Royals, Retics or Boas! Any more pics and info would be Amazing, he looks awesome, so bright and colourful too.
Bet people will appreciate that a lot :blush:

2 Likes

My daughter loves them

6 Likes

So many great stories :grin:

My children love it when we get the reptiles out and they like to join in.

For the reptiles sake, I tend to do it when the kids are in bed lol my boys are fine around them, but my Cresties sometimes get a little stressed as they arenā€™t the quietest, but they love watching the boys through the glass.

My eldest son (age 7) wants his first reptile, he did want a corn snakeā€¦ However we just hatched some baby ball pythons and he wants one of them :blush: so we will see. He says he has a Crestie which he named cookie :cookie:, but he doesnā€™t feed the Crestie, just holds it, but I donā€™t mind. He likes to feed the snakes.

My youngest (age 3) is a very excitable child so his a little handful, but he is great with them. He struggles to sit still lol so itā€™s short intervals. I feel bad for him as our dog died with he was 2 weeks old and we havenā€™t exactly been able to go to Zooā€™s so the only animal interaction he has had is Reptiles. He loves looking at the bearded dragons in the pet shop :grin:

Iā€™m a huge animal lover and Iā€™m glad my kids enjoy our reptiles, I hope they will be as much of an animal lover as meā€¦ They certainly are following in the same footsteps :blush:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure they will adore all animals, and good on you for teaching them that!

2 Likes

Letā€™s see all your fav pictures of your kiddos with your/family/their reptiles! Animals are such an important part of growing up and reptiles are even moreso! Letā€™s see all of those future herp lovers! Kiddos and Reptiles DO mix!

4 Likes

Moved your post as we already had a thread, hopefully this can boost it and get more pics :black_heart:

2 Likes

I donā€™t have kids, but my Niece (8) is SMITTEN with Finnley the baby BP.

The kids came over at Thanksgiving to see the snakes, and she couldnā€™t have been more delighted with a kitten. Finnley was his usual charming curious well-mannered self, and she was a natural at how to hold him and handle him. She adores all animals, but even her brother hesitated to touch and hold a snake- not this kid!

1 Like

My little brother let me put one of my cresties on his shoulder, which was pretty good. Pretty much everyone in may family loves them.

4 Likes

Over the years!

6 Likes