Who's Eggcited? Help Identify

Sorry to hear that, glad your still in the hobby and were able to hold on to your piebald. I like retics they have alot of personality and you can just see them process everything going on around them.

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate that. It was to own neglect, and I wasn’t smart enough putting away savings. Definitely learned a life lesson. At least like you said I still have my pied and my health is recovered so it could be worse. Can’t dwell on the bad things in life, gotta look forward I’ve always thought.

I love this hobby more than anything(obviously not my family) and I’ve had retics for many years before my health problems arose. So when I got back into it, I invested in retics, as they are just a passion of mine. They are highly misunderstood and I feel don’t get enough credit for being very docile snakes.

But to get back on topic, definitely post pics of your clutch as they shed, I can’t wait to see what that mojave yb tiger looks like and tiger with od. Awesome clutch!

3 Likes

Clutch 1 has shed out, Will be posting fresh pictures and looking for help on identifications.

Clutch 2 is crawling out of the eggs, pairing banana x normal ph Pied. Got 4 bananas and 3 normal. One of the bananas have a small eye, and one normal came out with strange pattern.

4 Likes

They are stunning as always. You really made some awesome snakes this year!

1 Like

Here is clutch 1 (OD YB Mojave x Jolliff Tiger) post shed. Identification help is appreciated. If need other angles or lighting let me know.

5 Likes

My thoughts.
1: Normal
2: Mojave OD poss Tiger( hard to say as I’ve never seen one with Tiger.
3: OD Tiger
4&5: OD YB Tiger
6: Tiger
7: Mojave YB

Those are gorgeous, congratulations!

2 Likes

I agree with you, but on 2 I was thinking it was also a Mojave YB with tiger. I’ve seen Mojave OD and it just seems to change the color completely so that’s why I didn’t think it was a Mojave OD but I’m new at this stuff. Lol

2 Likes

I definitely could be wrong on the second snake in question. I haven’t worked with yellowbelly enough to have a good enough eye for it. But from that picture it looks very similar to a mojave od my friend produced last year, but maybe the tiger if it is present is what’s throwing me off?
That’s whats cool about trying to figure out morph combos, they are so variable at times it can be challenging.

2 Likes

I appreciate any input given here. Numbers 2, 3, and 7 are giving me a hard time. I believe 2 and 3 to have Tiger just based off reducing and banding or saddle looks to them. It’s obvious 2 and 7 have Mojave, and then the determining if they are OD or YB or both is what I’m stuck on myself. I will get some comparison pictures of 2 and 7. Plus 3 and 4 to give variances between them.

2 Likes

Any updates?

Update on the 3 normals from the banana clutch. None of them look like a standard normal. 2 have clear bellies and last one just weird patterning. Pairing was banana het clown x normal het piebald

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

3 Likes

There is no such thing as a “standard normal”. All normals are highly variable. These just look like normals to me.

3 Likes

Normals can be variable but the normal look of normals is pretty noticeable. I say these could be hets playing with the standard pattern.

3 Likes

Some very nice snakes man. Good luck on working the hets out :crossed_fingers:

Some really cool patterns. Number 2 especially.

Without building up any hopes or making claims of it, what are the chances of your Banana het Clown actually being Banana Blade het Clown?

4 Likes

My banana doesn’t look blade to me, but he has a lot of flames and chaining i believed was caused by the het clown.

Here is the het pied female.

1 Like

I like those, some nice normals you produced.
I agree with Switch too, I think the “funkiness” you’re seeing is the het influence on some of them.

3 Likes