Wishlist/Saved Items Cleanup [DONE] [#1408]

Hello,
As it nears the holiday season, I was curious to know if MorphMarket would consider adding the ability to share user wishlists on popular social media sites, through a link on email, etc?

I was also wondering if the lists can be edited? Some snakes on my wishlist are no longer available, yet they are still on my wishlist, just crossed out. Some I have changed my mind on and wish to remove.

Thank you for providing such a wonderful forum and website! As a buyer, this site is such a great tool in connecting me to breeders and learning about different morphs and combos.

3 Likes

You can remove a snake from your wishlist by clicking on it, going to the listing page, and then clicking on the wish list button. If it’s already on, clicking it a second time will toggle it off.

That said, it would be nice to have an option to remove things from the wishlist page, maybe multiple items at once. I would also like the ability to share my wishlist on social media.

4 Likes

@kap91, public/sharable wishlists is an interested idea and I’ve put it on our list.

As @the_rotten1 mentioned, you can remove items from your wishlist but we know it’s not that convenient. We do plan to add bulk editing of this list in the future.

4 Likes

I was just going to create a new thread to make this suggestion when I figured it might make sense to do a search first. I’m glad this is on the To Do list. I’d love the ability to quickly remove snakes from my wish list without having to click into the listing.

2 Likes

This is just pure laziness on my part, and I get it if adding this feature is not a priority, but would it be possible to have it so that if an animal on your wishlist is marked as sold, on hold or otherwise removed from being available, that it is automatically removed from your wish list?
Also, from what I can see the only current way to remove an animal from your wish list is to select it, go into the ad, deselect add to wishlist, and then go back to your wishlist and refresh the page. Would it be possible to have it so that there is an X, either on the right hand side if viewing in line view, or top right corner of the ad in grid view, so that you can remove it from your wish list in one click?
Again, this is just me being lazy and totally not a priority, but I figured I’d ask and see, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I agree, would be nice if you could easily remove animals from your Wishlist once sold. Personally I do like seeing what animals sold though rather than have them removed automatically!

4 Likes

I would say that is a good idea too

2 Likes

omg yes, thank you…ive been wanting to ask this for a while…adding in something like boxes that can be checked off and a “Remove All Selected” would be better…they dont even have to remove them automatically but being able to remove more than one item from the wishlist at one time would be appreciated. Having to go to each listing and unclick “Wish List” gets tedious >.<

6 Likes

Yes, we are sensitive to these needs. Several screens including wish list need a batch editing functionality.

In the near term, I plan to have added a “remove all” which will at least reset the wishlist, as an easy feature that will address the concerns for some people. But the idea above is great – I think a “remove sold” would be even better.

2 Likes

The cleanup part of this feature request is being released right now, available momentarily. Just click the button to “Remove Sold” and all sold and expired ads are removed from your list. Note that we’ve renamed the Wish List to Saved Items.

Happy fall cleaning!

7 Likes

This was such a great suggestion, so happy to have it

4 Likes

Thank you very much!! I’ll be trying it out this evening

1 Like

I wouldn’t want sold animals automatically removed. I like to keep the animals I have purchased on my wish list, I also occasionally keep animals I like a lot as reference .

3 Likes

I agree with @xamier — I’d rather be able to keep the animals I’ve purchased in my saved items list. I still have to click into individual listings that are still for sale that I want to delete, such as animals I’m not interested in anymore.

Perhaps there could be a more versatile way to do this, where you can select (likely via a checkbox) specific items, and then have a delete button that corresponds with that.

3 Likes

@trnreptiles Yes totally on board with you here. The wishlist (saved items), inventory and messages pages all need batch editing capabilities. The “clean up” button was just an attempt to provide an 80% solution which I realize won’t fit everyone’s needs until we can give it the full treatment.

Sounds like a separate feature which could be requested in another topic is a page which tracks all items marked as sold to you. This would kind of be like the ratings page, assuming a user always left a rating.

1 Like

Hi there, just a small update to this issue. I love the remove sold button, I got great use of it on the browser version of the site. But it doesn’t work on the app, at least for me.

1 Like

Hi Teddy, thanks for letting us know. That should have gotten fixed yesterday, can you try again?

2 Likes

Yep, it works now. Thanks very much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes