Wookiee gene

Thoughts on the Wookiee gene? I remember hearing a lot of hype behind it a couple years ago, and seems like prices for it are still high, but not very many listed. Did it die off in popularity? Is it the “same” gene as some of the others? Chocolate? Or is it allelic to chocolate?

Potentially getting a banana Wookiee pos het clown.

2 Likes

I would assume it’s allelic with the spider complex since it’s a wobble gene. Chocolate is too if Im not mistaken.

3 Likes

See I’ve heard mixed things about chocolate being a wobble gene. I’d never heard it until someone recently mentioned it; and even on the page about ball python gene complexes it got brought up, but there was some disagreement there.

Looks like Travis linked a video from Justin Kobylka showing it was allelic with chocolate. https://community.morphmarket.com/t/morphpedia-ball-pythons-chocolate/21636/16?u=nswilkerson1

Also looks like someone else said Wookiee and spotnose are allelic. Seems like a lot to keep track of and no concrete info out there on it.

4 Likes

That’s where @owalreptiles come in with his Allelic Morphs aka Complexes [Ball Pythons] list :wink:

You can also use the tags on the Morphpedia to group by complexes: Spider Complex - Morphpedia

3 Likes

It’s actually pretty well settled that they’re both spider complex morphs. They’re both listed that way in the Morphpedia as well.

4 Likes

Apparently in my tired state yesterday I managed to completely overlook the fact that chocolate and Wookiee are both on that list…. My bad

2 Likes

Hey, it is Friday, good time to have your brain turned off :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I introduce you the perfect combination of Wookie and Chocolate

1.0 Wookie Chocolate pos YB het clown
![image|375x500](upl

oad://uhIN7I6fUo4VErFL62HK9ilUH4f.jpeg)

5 Likes

5 Likes