World's First Retic combo! By complete surprise!

I inquired a person on here a while ago asking about partho retics and how healthy they are. They said retics don’t seem to usually have many problems being partho. I have a partho dwarf who is 5 years old now and hasn’t had any problems since I got her. The breeder never even mentioned the possibility of any issues, it was just mentioned on her pedigree.

5 Likes

I will say, that I have heard this too. I will try to find where I saw it but I don’t remember where, it might have been a podcast.

4 Likes

That’s interesting to know. I’ve heard countless times that ball python babies born via Partho clutches have reproductive issues and aren’t able to reproduce. I wonder what makes the difference between the species.

6 Likes

Contact Dr. Warren Booth who has studied it extensively and ask him how many partho retics he has in his freezer. The dramatic increase in homozygosity leads to a reduced lifespan. This isn’t a conclusion I reached in my snake room. It’s been studied by real scientists.

5 Likes

It’s totally understandable but what I’ve heard is that higher morality as babies (less than 6 months) which I can presume is because the process of making the offspring may not have successfully created fully functioning organs, making the animals failure -to-thrive.

But the ones that make to adults are fine and breed by my understanding

5 Likes

Update! She ate, she pooped, and she’s in her second shed now. :black_heart:

8 Likes

@cold-heartedexotics Amazing that she is doing awesome!

3 Likes

That’s so awesome that she’s doing well! I hope she continues to be a healthy, growing girl!

4 Likes

How is she doing now??

She’s doing great! Two sheds, multiple meals and growing nice and steady

3 Likes

What is her adult size perdition

2 Likes

Her dam is about 8 feet so she should be in that range

1 Like

Update on this wondrous animal. :black_heart:

10 Likes

She’s looking gorgeous! So glad to hear she’s still doing well.

3 Likes

New update photos. She’s absolutely mind-blowing and is thriving

15 Likes

She’s really, really something gorgeous! I’ll bet she’s also tricky to get a decent picture of with that light coloring.

4 Likes

Yup definitely a very pretty snake!

2 Likes

Sometimes. But I took a video of her and it’s on the Cold-Hearted Exotics Facebook

3 Likes

Here’s another update. Still going strong and wanting to eat me out of house and home! Lol

10 Likes

That is a sweet retic

3 Likes