1 week of courtship?

Newbie here, working with only a single mating pair for now, sort of a Hail Mary to see if anything happens…so I put my breeding pair together a week ago today. The entire week he was all over her, urates in enclosure, even observed tails very close to each other when I could see it, but basically left them alone to do their thing. Exactly one week later, she is directly on the hotspot and he’s on the other side of the enclosure. One week of courtship seems short, but it looks like she’s acting like the deed was done. Could this be after only a week? I definitely don’t want to pull him too early! Any thoughts or similar experiences? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I would say you could pull him out for a few days And then reintroduce him, and keep going with the process as normal

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum! I am excited for your breeding project that you have going! You have most definitely come to the right place for questions! There are a lot of boa breeders here who can help you with just about anything you need to know!

And btw, we always welcome pictures! :blush::pray::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes! I would like some pictures :smiling_face:

3 Likes

These are the two lovebirds…Not sure I know how to post pics yet or if this will work lol…female is a Motley het Albino Kahl and male is a pastel double het Albino Kahl and Anery

5 Likes

So you might get some albino Motleys! My friend, enjoy this…I can’t wait to produce my first litter in about 2 years.

3 Likes

Yeah it was a last minute pairing but next year we’ll have more to work with with others being the right size

3 Likes

Thank you for the pictures and they did work! @lumpy Riley is going to be breeding boas soon so you guys already have something in common!

Glad you are loving MM! :heart::pray::blush::sunglasses::star_struck:

4 Likes