2020 Holdbacks

Lemon Pastel, (Pos Super) Cinny, Black Pastel, Sanblast, Het Pied, He came out crazy and the mom may have an additional gene at play but still trying to prove that out!

2 Likes

I had guessed almost right, I’m a huge fan of dark stuff, that’s about 90% of my collection. You can definitely see the cinny, sandblast and BP at work here and her being het. pied wouldn’t be unrealistic either. Congrats on her! She’ll be interesting to prove out that’s for sure.

1 Like

Another holdback Pastel Arroyo yellowbelly/gravel

9 Likes

Pastel Highway for future super gravels

15 Likes

Updated holdback list!

The butter mystic girl I posted before is doing great, besides the boo-boo on her head. She pounds f/t adult mice with no hesitation and is nice and chunky.

The middle and right one are two other female holdbacks. The male on the left is being sold to a family member so I guess he’s technically a holdback of sorts too :joy:

1.0 butter bee (left)
0.1 pewter bee (middle)
0.1 pastel butter spinner (right)

Our last clutch didn’t yield anything that I wanted to keep as a holdback, so they’ll all be listed for sale.

4 Likes

GHI HRA Bumblebee pos Mojave

9 Likes

YB Het Clowns male and a Female

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

@tnstorybook wow this guy is :fuelpump: Super super nice! Love it good to see others “black back” stuff!

1 Like

This year’s sand boa holdbacks:

male GX Paint

male possible GX Stripe 66% ph Paint

female possible GX Stripe 66% ph Paint

male Cal Flame, ridiculously reduced pattern and tons of color

female Cal Flame

Female Splash het Bell Snow. This animal hasn’t shed yet, but I’ll provide a update when she does. This the first Splash we have produced.

9 Likes

@westridge the first one pictured the gx paint has to be one of the nicest Kenyans I’ve ever seen! Super super nice! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

He was a big surprise, since we didn’t know his parents were het for GX. We’re hoping he keeps his pink color.

That reduced pattern male cal flame is impressive! Was he line bred for a reduced pattern or is there anything else going on in him?

He was line bred for reduced pattern and improved color. He is a pure locality animal who is not expressing any morph genes and is not het for anything.

Here’s a few more. This enchi female is het for pied and VPI axanthic.

This guy is just a leopard poss het pied. He, his mom, and his grandma have a weirdly busy looking pattern, so I’m holding him back in hopes of figuring out what’s going on with them.

4 Likes

Thanks!
Dad is one of our favorite males. Dad is GH HRA Pastave and that baby was out of his first sired clutch ever so I’m excited for future combos with him where the female has more to contribute!

We had a very small year with only 2 clutches. This was our first breeding season just getting back to it after a few years off. Here are a couple of my favs from 2020

Pairing was Super OD YB DG x OD Enchi Firefly
♀️️OD Pastel Enchi YB 100% het DG

Pairing was Super OD YB DG x Pied
♀️OD YB dbl het DG Pied

7 Likes

12 Likes

11 Likes