2021 Season shorter than expected

So I moved my snake room back in October/November forgetting that doing so can easily disrupt breeding season due to environment changes. Lots of males breeding but only two females producing follicles.

Pair #1
Fire Enchi Leopard Ivory x Super Stripe

5 eggs incubating

Pair #2
Banana Yellowbelly Pied x het Pied

8 Likes

Het Pied female laid 4 eggs and 1 slug. The 4 eggs have weak vessels. Not sure if anything will make it.

2 Likes

Mine was shorter than normal as well my last clutch has already hatched over the weekend. I’m waiting for their first shed.

1 Like

Yeah I have no idea what I was thinking when I moved my snakes at the beginning of the breeding season.

Well, they will just be well primed for this up and coming season for both of us!

I moved mine around the same time of year and it did the opposite. Everything was breeding and did great.

This season was a little late for me but males are still locking and females are still breeding, ovulating, and laying eggs weekly.

1 Like

In your experiences do you think the weather where you life plays a part the timing of the breeding cycles? Like a early spring early eggs type of situation?

1 Like

I absolutely believe it plays a role. That’s what pisses me off when the noob experts weigh in on proper setups without taking geographic location/local environment into consideration. Even though I use 100% ambient heat in my building, the animals can sense changes in the weather.

2 Likes

I was curious because we are both in the Midwest and it seems the weather has a huge impact on my gals breeding cycle. I know you have been doing this far longer than me so I appreciate the information!

I also think after I moved them I had temps colder than usual so I think I caused the poor season. No big deal, this gives my girls time to bulk up in a healthy way.

1 Like