2022 season updates!

Yesterday I found my male sterling who has actively been courting non stop, cage dancing to get out and I thought to myself… I didnt see an ovulation? Lots of swelling… but not an ovulation. Then I woke up today to the ovulation!

Im sure when I get home it will be even bigger. I had to pull her out from under the paper a little hence the horrible photo :joy:

Pairing was sterling x vpi junglow to make some hopefully really colorful double hets

Ill keep everyone updated with my 3 other pairings as well, this might be a busy week!

10 Likes

Thats awesome Matt, heres to a great season👍

2 Likes

Thanks! I figured she would be first to go, now the wait for the other 3 :joy:

2 Likes

Congratulations! This is great :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I bet the neonates are going to be super awesome. Got to love a hypo jungle that is het for VPI and sterling :wink:.

1 Like

Its a great way to save thousands of dollars, i havent even seen hypo jungles het vpi sterling for sale so I can old imagine they arent cheap :joy:

2 Likes

I didn’t say cheap lol, just available :wink:

2 Likes

YAAAY! Super congrats, @mattcookreptiles! What a pairing, and what a BIIIG girl! We have all of our fingers :crossed_fingers: and tails :snake: crossed for ya!

3 Likes

Ovulation #2 underway! This litter was dreamed up about 3 years ago and all my fingers and toes are crossed. IMG VPI sunglow Aztec x Sterling

5 Likes

Let’s go!!! I can’t wait for these to drop!

2 Likes

I’ll have normals, jungles, aztecs, imgs, hypos, hytecs, hypo jungles, img hypo, img aztec, img hytecs. All dh vpi sterling, That should catch me up on my 0 Sterling combo maker problem lol

2 Likes

Wish you the best Matt. Should be some killer babies.

2 Likes

I thought this was a cool before and after ovulation picture. Really shows how much they change!

3 Likes

This girl was swelling like crazy and then the male jumped off, I believe I missed the ovulation or she missed. Shes showing all the signs however that she is gravid and just shed today. Ill use the fetal doppler on her in 2 months to confirm

Anery het snow x albino poss het snow

4 Likes

Anndd my season is over! 4 out of 4 paired ovulated ( Anery still pending) . This time it was my Mattstel makers! More of these incoming

4 Likes

I was able to use a fetal Doppler on my vpi junglow and found heart beats pretty quickly! So something good is happening there.

Today after work I am going to check my sterling if its not too soon to hear them (I usually hear things around day 60 and shes around 50)

3 Likes

I’m sure they’re all gonna produce beautiful litters for you but I can’t wait to see what that vpi junglow girl throws. Going to be some killer double hets!

3 Likes

First boa litter of the season! I can’t say it was all that great, mostly slugs and all the albinos were stillborn. But on the flip side, my male albino proved het anery! The mom never got big which was a huge sign of what was to come. There wasn’t very many babies, but ill take it! Anery 100% het snow

5 Likes

Sorry for a very late question, but do boas tend to have visual markers for hets moreso than other species, or would they just be super pretty and also happen to be double hets?

While I’ve read about some genes having markers for het “x” I can’t speak to it myself (haven’t bred boas yet).

Hopefully @mattcookreptiles or someone more experienced than me can give you some guidance on that one

2 Likes

I dont go off markers as even the most obvious het marked animals have dissproved the idea, but some traits definitely like to lean one way or another in het form.

I tend to try to only buy 100% hets from trusted sources unless its very rare, as 4+ years is a long time to wait for a female boa to breed :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes