30 year wait

I could NEVER find them. Now I have a group of 8! L. smaragdina

28 Likes

I’ve done a bunch of research on these guys. I hope to one day get one or two. Beautiful photo!

7 Likes

I’ve just sourced another 2 to add to the group from the same supplier.
Really have just spent an hour and a half watching them do their thing…eating well and drinking already

5 Likes

It sounds so relaxing!

2 Likes

Congrats and a beautiful addition to the family.

2 Likes

They look awesome, I love their iridescence.

1 Like

They are so cool the watch. Very busy little animas

2 Likes

Maybe pictures of their home?

2 Likes

I so dislike set up pics…to me it doesn’t warrant a shutter push on my camera haaa
They are actually housed in an all mesh arboreal set up with plants in pots, cork bark and the uv and heat over head. I think I will be keeping them in the mesh type set ups, they seem to be doing well

4 Likes

OK I’m all right with that, I just wanted to know if they were housed in :grin:

I am also super SUPER duper paranoid about any photos of my set ups and secretive where I live too my post and animal couriers go to my parents. Basically about 20 years ago I was robbed…They took animals, they took set up’s they took equipment. All my massive skink collection, leo morphs were in their infancy but they took the lot. Even the guys not worth anything. I drove myself mad trawling through forums and adverts, trying to find them. It could of been any one of over 100 people who came in to collect offspring that year. I was also very happy to share the layout of my reptile rooms, where I lived etc etc!!! That is NEVER to happen again. It was vile. I wonder where the poor animals went :frowning: all I can hope is that they lived long healthy lives. We are soon relocating the zoo and again I will be rather guarded about this and where we reside. I am the same on social media. I am a rather open, transparent person, but I value my animals and my privacy too so it will only be the odd bio set up pic

8 Likes

A touchy subject for me in truth

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that happened to you @welshmorphology. You gotta do whatever makes you comfortable. I quite like the bit of mystery. Your photography is always top notch. I love when you share your photos with us.

2 Likes

I get it, after that no one would ever want to share pics or anything that could lead people to your place of residence. I am so sorry that happened.

3 Likes

It’s in the past. I can prevent it now…This is why I am agoraphobic too. I HATE to leave the animals for this fear. I do have 4 dogs now to protect the zoo <3 It still makes me sick to think about it :frowning:

3 Likes

They are lovely guys. I think we saw these years back when we were visiting w a customer in the outskirts of Taipei? The best translation at the time was “green lizard”. Perhaps more properly “Green Skink”?

1 Like