Twins? Has anyone Had BP twins?

I thought that this baby ball had not absorbed his egg and was worried until he came out just fine and I could see what looked like another sac, egg, embryo, whatever it is. It had veins all through it but was collapsed and looks like development stopped.

1 Like

That is unabsorbed yolk, not a twin

4 Likes

Oh wow, thank you! Looks like another egg inside the egg

2 Likes

And the baby ball in the background is the one that came out of that egg, and has absorbed the rest of the egg, but I appreciate you opinion

exactly what travis said that is just what is left of unabsorbed yolk sac.
Twins do happen more often than people would think.

4 Likes

I had 4 sets of twins out of 13 clutches in 2020 but all the twins were from the descendants of a twin heavy line so that is way more frequent than normal.

1 Like

Wow that’s pretty interesting, and four sets of twins out of 13 clutches that’s a lot.

And not all thirteen were from that line. I might have had twins in well over 50% of the clutches from that line in 2020. Very unusual year as before I usually only had one set a year or every other year. Unfortunately I sold most of the moms of the 2020 twins and haven’t had any twins in the 10 or so clutches since. I have two eggs in the incubator from a mom that is a niece of my original 2000 twins. And maybe one of the 2020 twins I kept or their sister will go this year. I also have a double het pied albino and her 2020 albino pied daughter and a few other animals that MIGHT have the gene. Going to start tracking it. Really only keeping the GHI twins for fear I might no longer have the gene anywhere else.