What is your favourite non-python?

Pythons get a lot of love on here, and though they deserve it for being such beautiful animals with a unlimited amount of combinations, it seems a lot of amazing animals are looked over/forgotten.

If pythons never existed, what would be your go too reptile that’s available on Morphmarket?

Mine would be corn snakes

2 Likes

An alligator :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Those guys

11 Likes

What about a crocodile monitor (Varanus salvadorii)?

1 Like

I personally adore small colubrids like garter snakes, green snakes, king snakes and corn snakes. If I could find any I’d have a whole mess of puget sound garter snakes.

3 Likes

Garter snakes are one of my favourite animals on the planet :grin:.

1 Like

I was always fascinated by alterna and I will likely always keep one or a pair even if I gave up most everything else

I had to Google what a alterna was. I didn’t know that was another name for a Gray Banded Kingsnake .
They are wonderful snakes, the contrast of the bands are amazing.

What’s great about those guys is the sheer variety in markings and colors despite all being the same snake without special morphs ect.

2 Likes

Oops… Did not think of that, most of us that keep them refer to them alterna. Did not even think of it when I posted

There are a few morphs too. I will always love a nice Blaire’s phase but the Anery is kind of cool. I have seen some nice Hypos, but have no personal interest in them. I do not care for the Leucistic, defeats the whole beauty of the species… Likewise, not a fan of the Patternless for the same reasons.

2 Likes

My favorite snakes have always been locality boa constrictors. My favorite locality is the Argentine (Boa constrictor occidentalis). I currently keep Argentines and Surinam BCC, but someday I’d also like to have Hog Island, Pearl Island, North Brazil, longicauda and amarali. And a few more Argentines lol. And maybe T+ Costa Rican. And mainland Honduran and … ok I’ll stop.

1 Like

I think I would go for a small species of lizard.

2 Likes

Definitely my tokays I love those little assholes

2 Likes

Gotta be my western hognose, her derpy little face is too adorable lol.

4 Likes

They do have adorable faces :blush:

2 Likes

Mango the Pancake. That is all.

11 Likes

It a cober. It do an intimidate. Is too spooky. :joy:

8 Likes

Depends as I like several reptiles. As far as non-venomous snakes go my fav would probably be corn snakes or snakes in the Drymarchon genus. For venomous snakes…well I like several Elapidae and Viper species. For lizards prob Uromastyx geyri/ornatas, Green Iguanas, and Jewelled Lacertas are kinda cute. For Torts my fav would prob be sulcatas. (*note Ive never had any reptilian pet). I also have similar “me likey” lists for mammals and birds.

1 Like

Toss up between my Carpet python and those derpy Western Hognose.

1 Like