8-ball (Cinnamon,Black Pastel) do these also have genetic deformities?

So my wife and I have a Pastel Cinnamon Pied female, and we will be shopping for a male for her over the next year. I know Super Cinnamon and Super black pastel have severe and frequently occurring deformities that make us want to stay away from them. Is this also prevalent with 8-balls?

Also, wouldn’t mind some suggestions for the male otherwise, especially if the black pastel combo won’t work. Our budget is between $500 and maybe $850

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Cinnamon and black pastel do have some deformities and that’s why the project involving those Gene’s are not as highly worked with as compared to something like clown. I have noticed that 8 balls are less likely to have deformities but I still wouldn’t wanna take the risk myself so I would say pair her to something like a mahogany het pied and you would still create a very dark if not a completely dark snake but in the end you get to make the call because it is your snake and money so best thing I can say is just do your homework and then decide. If you wanna take the leap then take it, I am by no means trying to make you shy away from the project. I hope this helps and hopefully more people will chime in so you can see everyone’s responses!

Here is a super mahogany cinnamon. Super mahogany has no deformities that I am aware of so you could go that route as well and get a suma male for your girl. Just a thought.

5 Likes

If you’re going for the all black and white pied, I think you’re better off going the Super Mahogany route from what I’ve heard. Adding the cinnamon you have to the project should make things even darker.

If a solid colored snake isn’t necessarily the end goal and you’re looking for darker morphs, then Blackhead is one of my favorite dark morphs overall.

1 Like

Suma Pied

No issues with Sumas. Even with Cinny/BP the issues are very random.

5 Likes

When you get down to the brass tacks of it, BlkPastel and Cinny are fundamentally the same mutation so yes, there is the same risk of complications with the 8-ball combo as there is with the single-gene supers

Blackhead, Mahogany, and GHI are all good candidates for making darker snakes. The supers of any of them when combined with Cinny should get you close to a more or less uniform all-black (juvenile) snake. Triple combos of them will also probably get you pretty close.

There are also some morphs that may not be dramatic for a two-gene combo but can push you in the right direction if done as a triple. Mojave would be a good example. A Cinny Mojave is not particularly dark but a Cinny GHI Mojave is. Leopard and (though outside of your current price range) Acid would be other candidate morphs

6 Likes