A couple more buzz tails

I ended up getting most of the rest of the collection that my other rattlesnakes came out of. To make room I had give the white Speck to a friend but the little blue Speck (Khaleesi) more than makes up for it!

Pennywise has been off food, I’m assuming due to the same life changes that forced him to rehome them, and looks pretty rough right now. If we can get him back on food before winter things will go a lot better for him🤞

Khaleesi - Southwestern Speckled Rattlesnake - Crotalus Pyrrhus

Pennywise- Albino Western Diamondback- Crotalus Atrox

9 Likes

Beautiful! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Really beautiful snakes!!

2 Likes

Absolutely no desire to keep hots myself, but I sure do enjoy seeing other peoples’! Khaleesi is particularly pretty.

4 Likes

Thanks guys! @ghoulishcresties @spottedbull @solarserpents

They’re something that I worked with for a long time without ever wanting to keep them in the house until the last few years. The Speckled’s especially, but they honestly are some of the best display snakes. They have so many cool behaviors. The Specks climb and use most enrichment items you give them. They’re not shy so they’re out and about. If you mist them, they’ll drink the droplets or sometimes even try to catch large drops out of the air!

4 Likes

Oh my god, so jealous! Maybe in the future if I have a legit facility I’ll keep some venomous stuff, but for sure not now. I would love to keep a few species though.

4 Likes

Maybe one day….

3 Likes

That’s a responsible decision and I commend you for it! They’re amazing but they take experience and even then there is a risk.

You’re headed straight passed a snake room to a snake building one day :joy:

3 Likes