A late introduction! Better than none

Hello!
I don’t typically share my name online so you can call me whatever (as long as it isn’t mean :wink:)
I have loved reptiles and amphibians for so long, since I was a little one. My brother was always the one that liked reptiles and wanted to visit reptile gardens and see alligators and catch toads together but I stole his thunder you could say…
My family jokes that I am the family animal whisperer, something that I most likely got from my father who also was very close with animals. I own a BP named Beans who is an adult now but will always be my sweet little boy.
I always strive to be kind and respectful and to help people in any way I can with support and information. I also love learning opportunities when it comes to herps.
I enjoy talking to people especially about reptiles (which is why I’m here of course) and enjoy making friends! I do struggle with anxiety, terribly when it comes to social interaction, and I struggle with words, but reptiles and reptile talk always calms my nerves.
Here is the Bean!
beans

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Beans is adorable, and I absolutely love his name :blush: This is a great place to meet people, talk reptiles, and learn new things. Probably one of the nicest, most helpful/supportive groups of people on the internet. I was pleasantly surprised when I joined. We’re happy to have you here!

1 Like

That sounds a lot like me lol.
From now on, you shall be known as Bean the Destroyer.

Prepare yourself for the horrible interrogation…
What is your favorite color? What are your top 5 dream herps? What is you favorite movie/book? If bean was a dog breed what would he be (excluding golden retriever, lab, and Chihuahua)?

Anyway it is great to have you here!

3 Likes

Ah yes I love that name, I have been dubbed I guess!
I don’t mind interrogation.
My favorite color varies but I like shades of green, like the dusty olive or sage or forest green colors right now.
Top 5 dream herps:
Boa constrictor, black and white Argentine tegu, Crested gecko, and a girlfriend for Beans :smirk:
Bonus dream herps:
Blue tongue skink, maybe a red footed tortoise, and if I had the guts and the experience and training (otherwise known as “all that jazz”) I would have a Gaboon viper, my favorite venomous snake.
Favorite movie:
I like soooo many movies, so I couldn’t say a specific but my favorite reptile movie is the “Titanoboa: monster snake” documentary which I watched over and over and over once I found out it existed.
Favorite book:
Saving Snakes by Nicolette Cagle or any books from Mark O’shea
Beans as a dog:
For sure a golden retriever snake, he’s super cuddly and likes to sleep on my lap and always wants to explore new things which gets him in trouble sometimes (he almost got a face full of cake frosting today because of his curiosity) and he likes to watch me from his enclosure. Storytime, he usually keeps his head tucked inside his enclosure but if he hears me get up in the mornings he emerges and starts to watch me and sometimes goes right up to his doors (his usual signal for wanting out)
Recently I set up my desk which sits me in a spot where he can only see me from the side of his enclosure and I caught him resting his head on his hammock watching me sit at my desk, super cute.

3 Likes

I’m exactly the same! Welcome to the forum, you’ll love it here

1 Like

That is 4 :rofl:. Blue tongue skink better be number 5! They are the best! Here’s some proof-

That is not his permanent enclosure in the last pic. We are having some construction done to the upstairs where his enclosure is.

2 Likes

You’ve got to get that boa!

I have 5 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Adorable! Of course I counted wrong :joy: and of course they are number 5 I love those little elongated potato guys.

And all 5 are gorgeous! I will be getting one as soon as possible I just need the money for it and I’m going to work on things for Beans first. I have been researching though and just today sketched out the ideas I have for the enclosure.

2 Likes

Hi Bean,

Welcome to the big MM dysfunctional family. :rofl: One thing you will have to do is get yourself a boa that is mandatory. :rofl: I’m just joking, but I would like it if you did.

My favorite hot snake is the Gaboon Viper, too. However, I will never own one as I know I would get bit. As I like holding all my snakes. In my 47 years of owning boas, I have only been bitten 18 times now, 4 or 5 adults. Rest have been baby boas & retics. But one time with a hot is too many.

Take care
Tom

3 Likes