A. maculatum Questions. Morphs, Localities, etc. New traits?

Are these new traits? First one came out of an A. mac “Spot” project of mine, and instead of the white markings staying stuck to the segment like the Spot line, they are completely raised up looking exactly like that of A. klugii “Montenegro”.

The second has white scattered across the entire carapace on the segments, off the segments, etc. leaving an almost freckled look. In most cases, the white is very asymmetrical.

4 Likes

More lines to work with! :laughing:
I have some a. Frontes and they sometimes do the line thing like that^ I’ve noticed on some babies.

1 Like

I’ve never seen anything like those, they seem new.

1 Like

Seen them do that before, I nearly brought some from the breeder we got all ours from but I settled on the frontes instead as they have yellow and white spots, but he had some like that in the tub too. The variety with isopods is amazing.
A lot of other people seem to just breed and sell and don’t keep them back to work with, I’ve noticed loads for sale and see some unusual ones in the tubs and they don’t care?!
I’m like why not keep them to work with! :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I will definitely separate them then. I have been waiting on it for a long while now so I will get them in their own bins! I have probably 20-30 of the spotted ones and around 6 freckled ones. I look forward to the future!

2 Likes