A mouser no more!

The last few feedings, I’ve been offering the last of my mouser holdouts f/t weened rats.
Right out of the gate the Spotnose female and my male Enchi het pied took theirs without any issues. .
Friday night my male Pastel het Clown and the male OD fire Yellowbelly both took and ate theirs.
Sooo happy to get better nutrition into them.
Spotnose and the Enchi took their second rat meals again without an issue.

9 Likes

Congrats on that! It is hard, sometimes impossible to do. It is much better so size wise and also think of the amount of money and rodents you will be saving. Instead of feeding 2-3 mice a feeding(when they reach adulthood anyway) you are just feeding 1 appropriate sized rat. I still got some stubborn mousers myself so these thoughts are always on the back of my mind! Congratulations again, hope they stay on rats for you!

5 Likes

Good luck, hope its not a one off. shouldn’t be but let us know.

4 Likes

Woo hoo! I’m starting :crossed_fingers:my ball pythons on rat pups next feeding and also stretching out the feeding dates as well. Except of course Wrenn who is still on strike. :tired_face:

3 Likes

We’re starting our girl on rat pups her next feeding, too, and as fairly new keepers we’re crossing our fingers hard that she takes it without trouble, but reading up on all the solutions for if she’s reticent…

Crossing my fingers for all of us to have luck as good as OP’s!

4 Likes

Opie is the only one I’m concerned about relapsing @ascended :rofl: He’s always been a little more difficult than most.

There are a lot of different things to try if your girl snubs the rat pup @kabre
One of the simplest is to just try again her next feeding schedule. As long as she’s been feeding regularly, it won’t hurt her to go a couple of weeks or more without eating.
Most of mine that have passed on the first attempt usually give in on the second or third try.

When I went to a two week feeding cycle there were considerably less passes @caron. I had a lot of refusals on a weekly schedule.

5 Likes

Good news on our front at least – Hestia took her first rat like a total champ. No hesitation.

Sending the good feeding luck to yall as well.

4 Likes

That’s great news! Glad to hear she took it with no fussing :+1:

4 Likes

Yay! That’s awesome news! :blush:

3 Likes